MOTOTRBO Color Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

I don't see that in the update, however this is what we are capable of now doing.

• 1. Add TRBO color code as tone ( "0-15 CC" ).
  • 2. Display LCNs for Capacity Plus systems.
  • 3. Add Connect Plus TRS type with LCN display and system ID support
  • 4. Add Talkgroup Range validation for Connect Plus and Capacity Plus systems
  • 5. Add "T" as a talkgroup mode to represent TDMA capable talkgroups (use this to distinguish between FDMA talkgroups that we already mark "D")

I have been adding Time Slot info in the descriptions or just under the subcategory titles.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well that's not so bad... basically for any given channel you would need:

- Frequency
- Time slot
- Colour Code
- Group Code

Then if it's a Connect Plus/Capacity Plus system you would have LCN's and Site #s.

DaveH

One question though...this is listed both as a trunked system and a group of conventional
frequencies; should the info be moved to the trunked system listing?

Dave

Also, input frequencies are known (420/409) with +11MHz offset.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That's a good point.. Even a standalone single frequency TRBO system could have several talkgroups...

mciupa

One question though...this is listed both as a trunked system and a group of conventional
frequencies; should the info be moved to the trunked system listing?

Dave

Also, input frequencies are known (420/409) with +11MHz offset.

You are probably correct.

The other Ontario Database Administrators may have the pertinant information needed to stage, then release this trunked system to the database.

In the meantime, I have added the inputs in the conventional listings.

mciupa

Link to the Rogers Centre trunk system added to the conventional page listings.

oldtymer

mciupa

I'm not sure what I should be looking for when I click on the link to Rogers Centre. Is it now possible to receive TRBO or something ? Thank you in advance.

It would be possible with a digital scanner plus Digital Speech Decoder (DSD) software.

Rogers Centre is not the best example to show here for the new database features.

What I was trying to illustrate is more along the lines of what is shown here for Mississauga Square One:
Retail Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You could also possibly listen in with a real radio, but it's an expensive and drawn out process. You need the radio (naturally), a programming cable, the proper software then all the details for who you are trying to listen to. And then hope they aren't using encryption. DSD isn't so bad once you get it up and running. I suspect Uniden or GRE will come out with something at some point that will handle TRBO since it seems to be spreading like wildfire. The bad side to this is that encryption is just a check box in the programmer, and if a capable scanner is out there a lot of radio guys will be checking that box.

But anyways... back on topic..The database allowing these new fields for TRBO just makes submitting more detailed and accurate info easier, even though you may not be able to make use of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.