Mototrbo Connect Plus & DSD + audio breaking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

pctek961

Notice in the Video that BOTH time slots are active.
I have similar problem when both timeslots are active, loses audio until 1 of the timeslots stops transmitting. Timeslot 1 audio from left speaker, timeslot 2 audio from right speaker for about 10 seconds, then no audio.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone look at the video clip of the problem?

Yeah, I looked it over. But, can you post another video that shows the DSD+ CC event log and CC terminal window? It appears your voice receiver isn't properly following tuning commands from the CC instance of DSD+ and therefore won't stay parked on a voice channel when it's supposed to.

I would strongly suspect your problem is somehow associated with the Pro-97 disc. audio feed to the CC instance of DSD+. I've never used a discriminator tap so I can't help you with that part of it.

Last edited:

w4kdw

Feed Provider
Yeah, I looked it over. But, can you post another video that shows the DSD+ CC event log and CC terminal window? It appears your voice receiver isn't properly following tuning commands from the CC instance of DSD+ and therefore won't stay parked on a voice channel when it's supposed to.

I would strongly suspect your problem is somehow associated with the Pro-97 disc. audio feed to the CC instance of DSD+. I've never used a discriminator tap so I can't help you with that part of it.
yes I will make another video but to point out I did replace the scanner with a second dongle for the control channel and ran FMP24-CC bat and it did the same thing as the scanner did. stand by for new video

thewraith2008

Your event window is going bananas.

According to Paulding County Public Safety DMR Trunking System, Dallas, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies that system is Cap+ not Con+. Change your .frequencies, sites, .network files to use "Cap+"

You can see "Cap+" show up a few times in the video. The site # keeps changing to 282-2 to 282-3 as well. I thought you maybe getting 2 sites at once. But I think it's the Cap+ issue above.

Hope this works. Cheers

w4kdw

Feed Provider

Here is the capture link using two dongles instead of scanner, have the same results.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2O_kdtOBsZ5YUl2WlZ4eUFzTDg/view?usp=sharing

slicerwizard

Just had the same beeping happen here while I was monitoring a Cap+ system. Had no idea where it was coming from, so I checked all of the log files to see if the bell character (ASCII 7) was in any of them and found it in the CC DSD+ log:

<BEL>Extra traffic file for channel 2

No idea why there was an "extra" file or what its name was. After closing all the programs to check their logs, there were no .traffic files present in my DSD+ folder.

So I'd guess that if you check while the beeping is happening, you'll find some conflicting .traffic files or something. It only happened here the one time and I was fiddling with the system's frequency records, so maybe that had something to do with it.

w4kdw

Feed Provider
Your event window is going bananas.

According to Paulding County Public Safety DMR Trunking System, Dallas, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies that system is Cap+ not Con+. Change your .frequencies, sites, .network files to use "Cap+"

You can see "Cap+" show up a few times in the video. The site # keeps changing to 282-2 to 282-3 as well. I thought you maybe getting 2 sites at once. But I think it's the Cap+ issue above.

Hope this works. Cheers
yes I know the database shows cap+ but it will not even work I tried just now, I also tried changing to cap+ back a few months ago same results will now work at all unless it is set to con+

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Wow, this is pretty weird. Since you are obviously motivated to get this working, I would suggest you monitor each system frequency with a single instance of FMP24 and DSD+ and generate a 1-2 minute Raw recording of discriminator audio by mousing-over the event log and pressing "R", waiting 1-2 minutes and then press "R" again to stop the recording. At the end you will have 5 huge .WAV files, probably 50-200+ MB. Compress the files and post them to a file sharing site such as Zippyshare, and then post the download link.

Based on the second video, it's quite obviously a Con+ system. The terminal window data is generated independently of any configuration file settings, and the CC terminal window clearly shows a Con+ system with NID = 282, Site# =3, and 4 other neighbor sites.

Furthermore, it *appears* the frequency/LCN pairs are assigned correctly; if they weren't, you would see the CC activity window jump to a particular OTA channel with no corresponding audio. But, you can hear some audio on the various channels, albeit sporadic and choppy. Hopefully we can gain more insight from the Raw source audio files...

thewraith2008

I've been trying a few configurations with my Con+ setup to see if I can replicate this issue and I just can't do it.

Can you confirm your DSD+ and FMP24 versions via the console window to us.

Do you have other different Con+ networks around you. Does this issue happen on those to?

Perhaps your Con+ is some how unique. I have a issue at the moment with TIII, it works OK with all but one the networks. It's similar to this issue in that it won't lock on to the VC. I have to run DSD-VC from separate folder to get it to sort of work. But that creates other problems. I've been speaking with DSDPlus about the issue.

Maybe you should speak with them directly via email. They do look over this forum and I would have thought they would have chimed in by now, but maybe they haven't drop by lately.

Maybe they can provide a course of action or fix that can resolve this issue for you.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.