Mototrbo Connect Plus & DSD + audio breaking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

w4kdw

Feed Provider
I have a problem that is driving me crazy. I am monitoring a connect plus system and it works great except when a frequency is in use and another group comes up on the second time slot the audio breaks up and the scope starts flashing and the computer starts beeping
I am using dsd+ v2.32 however I have tried the public release and the same thing happens. I have adjusted the gain and the BW filter and it still does the same. I have also used another computer with the same results.I checked the CPU load when this happens and it is only using 65% If anyone has any input I would be grateful.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
What software are you using for your receiving/demodulating?

What happens if you use listen to just one timeslot?

Can you please provide your PC resources? 65% CPU utilization running DSD+ seems really high to me.

Video and more information is always nice as well.

This doesn't sound like a gain or bandwidth problem. It sounds like a computer hardware or software problem.

DMR is time division multiple access. If both timeslots are used, it does not affect the frequency deviation of the signal.

w4kdw

Feed Provider
I have a problem that is driving me crazy. I am monitoring a connect plus system and it works great except when a frequency is in use and another group comes up on the second time slot the audio breaks up and the scope starts flashing and the computer starts beeping
I am using dsd+ v2.32 however I have tried the public release and the same thing happens. I have adjusted the gain and the BW filter and it still does the same. I have also used another computer with the same results.I checked the CPU load when this happens and it is only using 65% If anyone has any input I would be grateful.
Using PRO-97 scanner with tap to line in for control, running CC.bat 1st Then running FMP24.bat, then start up VC.bat. Using FMP24 V2.19 and DSD+ V2.32. yes if I put a TG on hold it does the same breakup if the next TS becomes active.

Since my original post I tested the set up on a quad core PC with 12G ram with same results except running @CPU 7%
This is the 3rd PC I have tried and another new dongle.as stated before I tried it with the public verson with same results, nothing make sense

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
This seems pretty odd, DSD+ and FMP24 utilize a very small amount of CPU resources. But, are you using virtualization software? Also, what do you mean by "the scope starts flashing"? And what is the origin of the beeping sounds?

w4kdw

Feed Provider
are you using virtualization software? No

Also, what do you mean by "the scope starts flashing"? FMP24 window showing RF spectrum

And what is the origin of the beeping sounds? Coming from small internal speaker inside the PC case, the same beep if one boots up with no memory installed for example

Also noticed when 2nd TS is used the FMP24 Tuning window. starts sending commands to tune to freq 460.3750 really fast over and over even though it is already tuned to the freq because of the 1st TS already in use, the flashing and the beeps match the speed of the command to tune to freq

slicerwizard

You wrote Using PRO-97 scanner with tap to line in for control, running CC.bat 1st Then running FMP24.bat, then start up VC.bat. Using FMP24 V2.19 and DSD+ V2.32"

If you post the exact content of those three batch files, maybe someone can replicate your problem.

Hm, you should probably also post the channel data for the system that you have in DSDPlus.frequencies.

w4kdw

Feed Provider
Thank you for replying,

CC.BAT
DSDPlus -rc -i1 -o0 -v3 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl0.445 -wes400.520 >>CC.log

FMP24.VC
FMP24 -rv -i1 -o20002 -P74.0

VC.BAT
DSDPlus -rv -Pwav -i20002 -v3 -wsl400.210 -wss100.200 -wel172.522 -wcl528.0 >>VC.log

DSDPlus.frequencies

;
; you can edit this file while DSD+ is running
;
; line format:
;
; protocol, networkID, siteNumber, OTAchannelNumber, TXfrequency, RXfrequency, sortOrder
;
; for TIII, siteNumber format = area.site
;
;
; use site number = 0 for network-wide definition
;
; use 0.0 for unknown frequencies
;
; use sort order = 0 to sort by OTA channel number
;
;
; protocols:
;
; D-Star
; IDAS
; NEXEDGE48
; NEXEDGE96
; dPMR
; DMR
; Cap+
; Con+
; TIII
; P25
; ProVoice

; SHIP ROAD HIRAM

Con+, 282, 3, 1, 460.0375, 0.0, 0
Con+, 282, 3, 3, 460.1875, 0.0, 0
Con+, 282, 3, 5, 460.3375, 0.0, 0
Con+, 282, 3, 7, 460.4500, 0.0, 0
Con+, 282, 3, 9, 460.5875, 0.0, 0

DSD+ networks file
;
; you can edit this file while DSD+ is running
;
; line format: protocol, networkID, "network name"[, TIIIareaLength]
con+, 282, "Paulding County"

thewraith2008

Your using the same source device for both DSD-CC and FMP24-VC

What is your VC source? The scanner or a dongle?

Your DSD-CC will only hear slot 2 as slot 1 is the CC.
FMP24-VC is trying to tune to the VC frequency but it can't because there is no tunable device.

Cheers

w4kdw

Feed Provider
VC source is a PRO-97 scanner with tap listening to the control channel feeding the line in jack to CC.BAT, using a dongle for the FMP24-VC to do the tuning.

thewraith2008

Your batch files seem in order.
I just tried with a scanner input to DSD+ the same way you have it. And monitoring Con+ OK.

Is your alias showing in the statusbar? see image.

If not check your NID, Frequencies, LCNs are OK

Cheers.

Attachments

• DSD_statusbar.jpg
    DSD_statusbar.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 488

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Also, try to post some screenshots of each program in your setup while everything is running. Also, you might find it easier to work with rtl sdr dongles, they're pretty darn cheap...

w4kdw

Feed Provider
Capture

Pictures attached

Attachments

• DSD EVENT LOG.JPG
    DSD EVENT LOG.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 613
  • FMP24 RF display .JPG
    FMP24 RF display .JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 497
  • FMP24 Tuning window..JPG
    FMP24 Tuning window..JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 577

thewraith2008

Maybe it has something to do with the set priorities that are setup?

Maybe try a test setup with no .group and .radio files and see how it goes.

The beep does indicate a conflict, DSD+ or FMP24 I can't remember. I have see this before but I forget the circumstances. The .traffic and .tuned-traffic files are just DSD+ and FMP24 talking to each other. They come and go quite rapidly.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

w4kdw

Feed Provider
Maybe it has something to do with the set priorities that are setup?

Maybe try a test setup with no .group and .radio files and see how it goes.

The beep does indicate a conflict, DSD+ or FMP24 I can't remember. I have see this before but I forget the circumstances. The .traffic and .tuned-traffic files are just DSD+ and FMP24 talking to each other. They come and go quite rapidly.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
Did this, no change

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
What type of CPU are you running? As mentioned earlier your CPU usage seems exceedingly high. I can run multiple instances of FMP and DSD+ on an old Core2Duo with CPU load well under 50%.

w4kdw

Feed Provider
What type of CPU are you running? As mentioned earlier your CPU usage seems exceedingly high. I can run multiple instances of FMP and DSD+ on an old Core2Duo with CPU load well under 50%.
Yeah that was on a old single core, then tried a dual core pc using about 25% and now it is on a quad core pc 4gig mem, only using around 12% same problem on all PC's I tested

Status
Not open for further replies.