• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mototrbo CPS 2.0 ???

lion2479

Premium Subscriber
Hello, currently have Mototrbo CPS Version 16 (868) on the laptop. Need to install the latest CPS version 2.0 on the same laptop, if I download it to this machine will it overwrite the older version which is currently needed for the current portables that were programmed with the older version 16? Can someone advise how to put two separate versions of the CPS on the laptop if even possible with step by step instructions. I would hate to loose the ability to use the older CPS after I download the newer version 2.0 onto this working laptop. Any advise or assistance would be appreciated, don't want to go purchase another laptop just to have a newer version of this CPS. Thanks in advance.

lion2479

Premium Subscriber
CPS R16 and 2.0 can be installed concurrently with no modifications. Just run the CPS 2.0 installer and it'll install as a separate program, keeping R16 intact.
Thank you for your quick reply. Much appreciated.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
No Bluetooth was dropped in cups 2.0. You would have to stick to cps 16

sammyg512

Nope, both are completely seperate software applications, so they can both be installed at the same time. I have both installed on my laptop.

plod11

Premium Subscriber
Looking for cps to program dp3441e, i have cps 16 but it seems to need something newer 2.0? I thought it would program with 16, but it says code plug not supported.Been trying to access 2.0 via my view on the motorola site with no luck.

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
Looking for cps to program dp3441e, i have cps 16 but it seems to need something newer 2.0? I thought it would program with 16, but it says code plug not supported.Been trying to access 2.0 via my view on the motorola site with no luck.
If you googled, you'd have known you would need cps 2.0 if it's over a certain firmware.
You can get 2.0 by using HKVN4362A as the product key in the search on the moto software website.
No, no body can give you the software on RR, it's against the rules

plod11

Premium Subscriber
If you googled, you'd have known you would need cps 2.0 if it's over a certain firmware.
You can get 2.0 by using HKVN4362A as the product key in the search on the moto software website.
No, no body can give you the software on RR, it's against the rules
Thanks for that, not looking for anyone to give it to me. I can see dp3441 in the sample files on cps16, no idea what firmware it has, but appears to be newer than the cps 16, been trying to get 2.0 but not getting anywhere down loading it from moto software site, just get "oops something went wrong" will keep trying but loosing the will now.
Thanks anyway

Last edited:

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
Thanks for that, not looking for anyone to give it to me. I can see dp3441 in the sample files on cps16, no idea what firmware it has, but appears to be newer than the cps 16, been trying to get 2.0 but not getting anywhere down loading it from moto software site, just get "oops something went wrong" will keep trying but loosing the will now.
Thanks anyway
Moto Software
make sure you're on "Software Download"
Product Line = MOTOTRBO
Search Box = CPS
Sort by date released and get the most current. it should be Sept 5th

Click the 3 dots and "download".
Will bring you to another page that you can download

plod11

Premium Subscriber
Moto Software
make sure you're on "Software Download"
Product Line = MOTOTRBO
Search Box = CPS
Sort by date released and get the most current. it should be Sept 5th

Click the 3 dots and "download".
Will bring you to another page that you can download
Still no joy with the CPS , got given this DP3441 at our local club. I know why no one wanted it now. Only want to put some DMR channels in it for my local Amateur DMR repeater and my Hotspot.
Think i will shove it on e bay, Thanks for your help anyway :)