Mototrbo DSD for windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast77

I have a few Mototrbo frequencies in my area. I am not sure it they are encrypted or not. I thought I would try monitoring them with DSD for windows. I am using a bcd396xt. I ran a patch cord 1/8" mono from the headphone jack to the linein on my computer. I did set C-CH output to on. Do I need mbelib or is that included in the DSD for windows software. If I need it where can I find it? So far it appears to be somewhat working. But the decode is not understandable. If anyone can give any pointers or any help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

RyanRox099

Premium Subscriber
In order to use that software, you will need a discriminator tap on your scanner. It will not work with just the standard line out jack.

Also I would check out DMRDecode.

RyanRox099

Premium Subscriber
Sorry about that I just read "headphone jack"...lol

Yes that radio has a discriminator tap. I would check the audio levels into the computer you dont want them all the way up. It can mess with that data output.

scanphreak

It has a discriminator tap on the circuit board. But you have to physically open the scanner, find the discriminator tap, then follow the steps on the wiki page here in RR on making it external so you have access to it from outside of the scanner.

Usually you'll need a 10k resister, and some hookup wire and a 1/4 mono or stereo jack, a solder iron and solder. You'll have to solder the 10k R to the tap point on the board, then run hookup wire to the audio jack, and find a way to mount it where the jack can be used when the scanner is put back together. Like drilling a hole in the back or side of the scanner where the jack can fit into the hole. More detailed instructions and photos are on the wiki here for discriminator tap.

rma0100

Moto encrypted

I'm in Rickman, TN and they went MOTO about 6 months ago. After a klot of work I had them running fine. Good clear audio. A few days ago the radio guys were working on the system and after that the audio was all garbled. EMS still comes in fine and the radio and tap is working good. I have done a number of MOTO systems and there's nothing wrong with my system. I hink the radio guys added a board and encrypted the system or went to 4 slot TDMA or something. I no longer get them but as I said I still get EMS with the same dispatchers as I recognize their voice. I see the same carrier on the spectrum analyzer as well. I think they can get around us again. Any ideas. Also, I get no voice errors, just garbled speech and it's not a -xr issue. Can someone help.

Ya can't DL the SW anymore from WIKI either. I have no one to ask here in TN as I think I'm the only one who wa listening

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No board is needed to encrypt MotoTRBO, it's a simple checkbox in the CPS. Privacy? Yes or No, then you select how strong (Basic or Enhanced). I'm sure there are likely more than one agency out there that's currently in the clear but will be turning privacy on due to DSD. Unfortunate side effect I'm afraid.

racingfan360

rma0100- Try downloading Ian Wraith's excellent DMRDecoder (https://github.com/IanWraith/DMRDecode) and run the raw signal against this.

For group calls that don't have privacy enabled, you'll see something like:
Service Options : Non-emergency/No priority

With privacy it'll look like:
Service Options : Non-emergency/Privacy Enabled/No priority

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.