• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mototrbo / Duplexer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Is a traditional duplexer as used for an analog repeater needed for a Mototrbo system?

IE; if I have a Mototrbo single site base station, would I need anything else besides a single antenna, power, and the other normal stuff?

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
How are you planning on running this Repeater analog or Digital? Commercial frequency or Amateur? Any set of cans will work regardless of digital or analog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

Is a traditional duplexer as used for an analog repeater needed for a Mototrbo system?

IE; if I have a Mototrbo single site base station, would I need anything else besides a single antenna, power, and the other normal stuff?
Yes need a standard duplexer that is normally used for a similar analog repeater. There is a misconception that because Mototrbo is TDMA that a Mototrbo repeater normally operates in the time division duplex mode. That is not the case.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I am going to use it commercially, 100% digital (TDMA) format, with both slots being used (Sometimes simultaneously) as a single site standalone repeater.

Being digital TDMA, I was under the impression I wouldn't need a duplexer and I would need just one antenna.

Which is true? Thanks for the responses

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
You need a standard duplexer with the desired rejection no different than any other analog repeater.

Keep in mind, the repeater TX is transmitting 100 percent of the time, it's the uplink (RX) side that is TDMA.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Yes need a standard duplexer that is normally used for a similar analog repeater. There is a misconception that because Mototrbo is TDMA that a Mototrbo repeater normally operates in the time division duplex mode. That is not the case.

It actually depends on the setup. The SLR1000 is advertised as being capable of Time Slot repeating.

So yes, for a conventional paired frequency repeater setup, a duplexer (or some form of physical antenna separation) would be required. However, the SLR1000 is capable of performing TD repeating.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
It actually depends on the setup. The SLR1000 is advertised as being capable of Time Slot repeating.

So yes, for a conventional paired frequency repeater setup, a duplexer (or some form of physical antenna separation) would be required. However, the SLR1000 is capable of performing TD repeating.

Interesting, the SLR1000 appears to be a purpose built product for places like schools, malls, large office building complexes and warehouses.

The system we have for non-public safety going online this year is comprised of SLR8000s and has traditional combiner/multi-couplers. 5 site LCP.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Still nothing on Motorola's corporate website on this. Hytera makes a similar product. It is a niche solution. Not for wide area repeating.

Firebuff880

If memory serves me, at IWCE they were saying third Quarter for the SLR1000. Nice 10 Watt max filler for all sorts of buildings where DAS or BDA's do not make sense.

An I understand that the next release of Firmware is now also scheduled for third quarter,,

=====

RX/TX

As the others replied, a duplexer is required weather analog or digital. keep in mind, the higher the rf enviorment, the better quality duplexer is needed, better isolation. If it's a single site, standalone and 45 watts you can probably get away with a mobile type Celwave or similar duplexer.
If your running this as a base station, single frequency, no duplexer, you will need a rx/tx relay to isolate one from the other. You will have 2 inputs(the same that go to the duplexer) with 1 antenna output.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
The feature is called ERDM or Extended Range Direct Mode. It is an EID you buy for the repeater. No duplexer, but you need vertical/horizontal antenna separation. TT

RFI-EMI-GUY

The feature is called ERDM or Extended Range Direct Mode. It is an EID you buy for the repeater. No duplexer, but you need vertical/horizontal antenna separation. TT
That sort of blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.