MotoTrbo Freq's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
When I go up to my camp in the summer we have to pass through this town and in the area for their hydro guys they used to use other channels which are still active and in the clear, now there is a new company there now and using different freq's, and on one of the freq's I am hearing a noise, like someone is talking but can't hear them. Which is just a guess that it might be someone talking, since all I am hearing is a noise which lasts for a few min then stops. Not to familiar with MotoTrbo Sounds. So maybe they are using Mototrbo. It comes on quite often.

What I am wondering here is, is there a way when you look up a freq on polkaroo or the spectrum site, can you tell if it is MotoTrbo or Digital, or is there something there to show or tell you. Or no, and you can only find this out by listening to the freq's to tell if they are using P25 or MotoTrbo.

If you can, this would help me out and tell me who is using what and if they are using MotoTrbo then I know I cannot hear them and won't bother putting them into my scanner to listen to.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this post to see if you can find this info on Polkaroo or the Spectrum site.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Sorry, the town I was talking about is Wawa. And it is Algoma Power.

All I am looking for is: can you tell on Polkaroo or the Spectrum Site if a freq is MotoTrbo or Digital. So I will know if it is MotoTrbo I know I won't be able to hear it and won't bother to put it into my scanner. But if the only way you can tell is by listening to the freq, then that is all I need to know.

So I will be waiting for any replies to this about the polkaroo or spectrum site from my question above.

Thanks

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'll assume you are talking about 162.1500? Spectrum Direct shows this licensed to Algoma Power in Wawa, however the emission code doesn't indicate MotoTRBO (but it's possible it hasn't been updated on line yet).

Just throw it in your scanner anyways. Worse case you hit the lockout button.

DaveH

I'll assume you are talking about 162.1500? Spectrum Direct shows this licensed to Algoma Power in Wawa, however the emission code doesn't indicate MotoTRBO (but it's possible it hasn't been updated on line yet).

Just throw it in your scanner anyways. Worse case you hit the lockout button.

SD listing indicates TRBO across the board on their frequencies: 7.60kHz bandwidth, FXEJN.
The TX Spectrum Signature Code 900 is for analog voice, does not jive.

Dave

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The data I was looking at showed F3EJN... Perhaps it was old data. Wouldn't surprise me though if they were TRBO... It's quite popular with the power companies & works departments it seems.

SCPD

QRT
Yah that would be the place and the company I am talking about. On that channel I am hearing a noise but no voice, so thinking it might be MotoTrbo but not 100% sure.

But what I am wondering is, is there a way on the Polkaroo Site or the Spectrum Site to tell if a freq is MotoTrbo or Digital.

So if there was a freq I wanted to put into my scanner and didn't know if they were using MotoTrbo, can I find this info on the Polkaroo Site or the Spectrum Site. So I will know if it's MotoTrbo, I will know not to put it into my scanner. Let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies to this.

Thanks again

Hey Coolguy,
Did you find out much about Algoma power? I am in the Sault and looking to get some info on them to add to the database/ on my homepatrol2

SCPD

QRT
Hey and no sorry not yet. I haven't been to the Sault lately. I don't go there that much. But when I do sometime, I can send you a PM with what info I find out, unless someone else does in the mean time goes there and can get the info.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Coolguy, I have been working on algoma power, hoping you could help. been using discovery mode to find the freq. and got a hit, but like you guys were talking about it sounded like trbo. What does this mean for me? Is it encrypted? Sorry Im kinda a rookie trying to learn here haha
thanks for your help!
Jonathan

SCPD

QRT
Ok and yah I don't mind helping. I just won't be getting down that way anytime soon. Yah I know all their freq's they use.

Yah they are using MotoTrbo. For you if you don't have a Trbo radio and all the info needed to enter into the radio, you are out of luck. And you probably would be because you would need the Motorola MotoTrbo software. So if you had a Trbo radio and you know of someone that can program it up for you in RX mode only once you get all the info needed, then you can listen to them otherwise you will be out of luck.

I have all this stuff so once I get the info for them then I can start listening. And I can tell you the info when I get it.

Hope this answers your question.

SCPD

QRT
Ok and no scanner out there will do trbo. You would need an actual Motorola Radio that does trbo.

Or if you had a tapped scanner, you can plug that into your computers mic jack and run a program called DSD+ which is free to download and just enter the RX freq's of Algoma Powers Freq's into your scanner and run that program on your computer and you can listen to them if and when they talk. This would be the only way for you. And you would obviously have to keep your computer running with the scanner plugged into your mic jack on the computer in order to do this.

Hope this helps.

You a kind man! Thanks for your help bud. Hope we can continue to share scanning info between us northern ontarions! Have a good one

SCPD

QRT
That I am thanks. And yah no problem. Yan that we can. If you need info or help on anything else for around there where you are just let me know and I will try to help you out the best I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.