MotoTRBO Frequencies Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,
I searched and cannot find an answer, so let ask a for a little help. When monitoring a MotoTRBO system do you program all the control and other frequencies? I have programed Telepath two sites. Occasionally hear something. Right now the GRE800 is staying on 452.7500. I get no scroll of data from DSDPlus.

What is the correct way to program a MotoTRBO site? Thanks in advance for your help.

vince48

SCPD

QRT
You'll need to follow the REST channel as it moves around. Scan all the channels for the site.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
^^ What he said.

Regardless of system type (conventional, Capacity Plus, Connect Plus etc) you need to program each frequency. Trunked systems are a pain if you are trying to scan, since the radio will hang on the control channel/rest channel.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Rick, Forts
I did enter all of the frequencies. This particular system has several sites and i was not sure if i should enter all the sites or just the one in my county.

vince48

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Depends on the system type really.... If it's Connect Plus you will find that some talkgroups are shared across sites, while others are tied to one site only. You will really have to experiment and see what works best in your situation. Logging with a program like DMRDecode will give you a good idea of which talkgroups are active where.

Status
Not open for further replies.