MotoTrbo in/near Orange County

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrunkLatcher

Hello,
I think I discovered a MotoTrbo system in/near Orange County. I am listening to them using DSD (digital speech decoder) on Ubuntu 12.04 and am getting the audio to work using AlsaOSS package. The radio I am using is a Icom ID-880H and I rigged up the discriminator tap using the ground from the SP (speaker) jack and the positive from the packet PS/2 data port. Not sure if many have done this with this radio. Below are the frequencies I'm decoding:

1) 461.6375
2) 463.7875
3) 464.3250

Surprisingly, it sounds a lot like law enforcement at least their format and all of the codes. If someone could help me figure this out that would be great. I am also not sure that all of these frequencies are the same system. I am pretty sure they are though. At some point I could post some audio when I get the chance.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I believe I have monitored those freq's. I gathered that it was some sort of Law Enforcement or security company in LB Harbor. Not the Harbor Patrol, though.
Heard reference to piers and "one train code-4". Also heard them do a Ped check in the same harbor area and an informal discussion about the radio signal quality and tazers. Shoot me a PM if you want to swap audio files. .

TrunkLatcher

I'm hearing spanish too. Don't think its the same people but I'm pretty sure its the same system. Do you think its a company leasing the system? I'm trying to pinpoint which FCC license applies. What is the best way to record audio? Should I just use the built in DSD wav recorder?

TrunkLatcher

Audio

I can post more. I couldn't exactly tell what I was doing because the radio is in one place and the vnc client to connect to the DSD machine which is in the closet is far away. Anyway, here is one clip. A little after 26 seconds they talk about visitors and going into the lobby and that its code 4. I wonder what lobby?

To open:
Rename file to .zip, extract, open MotoTrbo.wav file.

Attachments

• MotoTrbo.pdf
    920.6 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.