Mototrbo - Inverted or non-inverted

Status
Not open for further replies.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Has a standard been set for Mototrbo Ham use to use inverted or non-inverted? I'm trying to monitor the local Mototrbo repeater in Tulsa. Don't know any of the folks on that system, so can't ask them.

Not much traffic on it, but did hear a short transmission that was not readable.

I'm using DSD and it has settings for inverted or non-inverted TDMA.

Thanks for your help.

NB5B

Josh

I guess it depends. In my case inverted is what works.

Also, DSD requires a pretty strong signal and a decently powered computer to decode the audio well. My netbook didn't do a good job- choppy audio (intel Atom dual-core 1.7Ghz)

PACNWDude

DMR Ham reception.

Inverted for me as well. Diamond discone antenna for reception though. But not much DMR on ham bands here yet, some Public Service though. The price is still keeping some people away, as you can buy a full tilt Kenwood or Yaesu for the price of a XPR-6550.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The inverted setting depends on what scanner you're using and has nothing to do with the DMR repeater. The folks on the repeater will have no clue what you're talking about.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Dmr inverted or non-inverted

Thanks for the replys. I'm using a BC 780 XLT with discriminator tap to the line-in on PC. Decoding public service well non-inverted, so from what you said, that should work on TDMA as well.

Thanks for the help.

N4KVE

The price is still keeping some people away, as you can buy a full tilt Kenwood or Yaesu for the price of a XPR-6550.
The guys here who don't want to lay out the big bucks for a XPR6550 are having fun using the CSI 700 which cost them $180. My extra Moto DMR radio, a XPR6300 only cost me $150. There are alternatives which do cost less.

w2xab

Tulsa DMR

The repeater is listed as 442.1625 with a Color Code 2. Inverted/non-inverted is a function of your receiver and decode software, not DMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.