MOTOTRBO/NEXEDGE capable scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

i was just wondering how close we are of having these features in scanners in the near future, my city just switched to mototrbo for dpw and dpi and highway department and such? just wondering if there is anything in the works?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
<sigh> Once again, this forum is for frequencies below 30 mhz. Moved.

But to answer your question, I haven't heard of anything - but you can hear both by using the DSD software which is discussed here...

Digital Voice Decoding Software forum

73 Mike

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i was just wondering how close we are of having these features in scanners in the near future, my city just switched to mototrbo for dpw and dpi and highway department and such? just wondering if there is anything in the works?

Nope......

n9zas

Nick100

DMR ( Mototrbo uses DMR ) is an open format. However the signaling system used in capacity plus or Connect plus is propitiatory. So the short answer is no, for a typical city sized system,. I use an Aeroflex comm monitor at work with the DMR option and I can decode conventional DMR, but any controlled system cannot be decoded

MototTRBO - One site one repeater
IP Site connect- Multiple sites, one repeater at each site connected together by IP ( No controller)
Capacity Plus - One site, multiple repeaters in a trunked format ( no controller )
Connect plus - Multiple sites with multiple transmitters at each site ( has a controller)

Status
Not open for further replies.