MotoTRBO on Macomb PD frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
453.250 has been very active with DMR noise today, probably testing new radios. The fire department has an application pending with the FCC to add 7K60FXD (TRBO data) and 7K60FXE (voice) to 453.250 and 458.250, both on base and mobile. The interesting part is, the license is listed as for use in disaster relief and disaster preparedness training, not for regular police use (at least how I read it, although I don't always trust those descriptions either). The application is here ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0006389864 - MACOMB, CITY OF and the license WRG509 as it stands now is here ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WRG509 - MACOMB, CITY OF

453.250 has been very active with DMR noise today, probably testing new radios. The fire department has an application pending with the FCC to add 7K60FXD (TRBO data) and 7K60FXE (voice) to 453.250 and 458.250, both on base and mobile. The interesting part is, the license is listed as for use in disaster relief and disaster preparedness training, not for regular police use (at least how I read it, although I don't always trust those descriptions either). The application is here ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0006389864 - MACOMB, CITY OF and the license WRG509 as it stands now is here ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WRG509 - MACOMB, CITY OF

Have you tried to decode it with DSD or DSD+?

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
The amendment to WRG509 was approved and went into effect 9/2, and the license now shows narrowband FM and TRBO emission designators. I have not heard any TRBO data on the frequency in about a week, and all traffic has continued as normal in FM mode. It appears, at least for now, that everything will remain as-is. Since they already have narrowband radios, I don't see why they would need to get new ones at this point, so I'm hoping they just added it to the license just in case they switch at some point.

RADIOGUY2002

Yes, they bought all brand new xpr radios for the officers. Long over do, new radios period. The chief is very forward thinking, good guy. If I was a guessing man I would say it mixed mode operating repeater. Also, if I was a guessing man their is local radio shop in the area that operates a trbo system. One would think their is a strong possibility that their might be some use on that system as well. I would think that based on forward thinking philosophy of policing that it would be used for tac based operations. Hopefully and strongly that turns out to be the case. Based on past incidents I could see why they would opt to have such a feature.

See link here:
http://macombpolice.com/

"The Macomb Police Department will form partnerships through ""open lines of communication and cooperation"" to continually identify the needs and concerns within our community while collectively developing strategies to solve these concerns or issues"

[sic] "In the near future we will be undertaking ""new initiatives to ensure that we remain responsive"" to the community needs and continue to be at the forefront of modern policing."

Their are no secrets here, pretty clean and cut.

Last edited:
Yes, they bought all brand new xpr radios for the officers. Long over do, new radios period. The chief is very forward thinking, good guy. If I was a guessing man I would say it mixed mode operating repeater. Also, if I was a guessing man their is local radio shop in the area that operates a trbo system. One would think their is a strong possibility that their might be some use on that system as well. I would think that based on forward thinking philosophy of policing that it would be used for tac based operations. Hopefully and strongly that turns out to be the case. Based on past incidents I could see why they would opt to have such a feature.

See link here:
Macomb Police

"The Macomb Police Department will form partnerships through ""open lines of communication and cooperation"" to continually identify the needs and concerns within our community while collectively developing strategies to solve these concerns or issues"

[sic] "In the near future we will be undertaking ""new initiatives to ensure that we remain responsive"" to the community needs and continue to be at the forefront of modern policing."

Their are no secrets here, pretty clean and cut.

Supreme Radio Communications has a system down there. It is a DMR Motorola Capacity Plus (TRBO). You are proberly right about that.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Macomb has been added to my work route and I'll be in the area next week.

I'll DSD it, hopefully, and see what's up.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
I was going to come here and post that it appears WIU PD went to their newly licensed 460.1875 repeater running DMR, but someone beat me to it! I did hear a little traffic on 453.900 over the weekend, mainly on Saturday during the football game. Security A was highly used Saturday, mainly between the officers roaming the parking lots keeping an eye on tailgaters. I've been able to grab PL tones on a quite a few other school-used frequencies, but my 396 that I have them saved in isn't with me right now, I'll post them when I have it. What is listed as Development 1 (464.500) was very active Saturday night with security operations at an event going on at The Forum, using a PL of 179.9. I also have logged a PL of 88.5 on "Development 4" (469.550), unknown user. Since these are-if I remember correctly-both itinerant frequencies, I can't confirm nor deny school use on either.

I was going to come here and post that it appears WIU PD went to their newly licensed 460.1875 repeater running DMR, but someone beat me to it! I did hear a little traffic on 453.900 over the weekend, mainly on Saturday during the football game. Security A was highly used Saturday, mainly between the officers roaming the parking lots keeping an eye on tailgaters. I've been able to grab PL tones on a quite a few other school-used frequencies, but my 396 that I have them saved in isn't with me right now, I'll post them when I have it. What is listed as Development 1 (464.500) was very active Saturday night with security operations at an event going on at The Forum, using a PL of 179.9. I also have logged a PL of 88.5 on "Development 4" (469.550), unknown user. Since these are-if I remember correctly-both itinerant frequencies, I can't confirm nor deny school use on either.

I have got 469.550 with the same tone used here in Peoria. Yes they are itinerant frequencies that I remember.

Here is a link to what I was telling you in Post #11.

Common Itinerant and Business - The RadioReference Wiki.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
In town tonight, WIU definitely using:
460.18750 465.18750 WQUH221 RM3 CCWIU 460.1875Police: Dispatch ("100s" units) [Decode-able] DMR Law Dispatch
Not sure about the old channel.

Police dispatch can be decoded using DSD+ on a PC.

Have only heard 453.25 186.2 all afternoon with Macomb PD.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
In town tonight, WIU definitely using:
460.18750 465.18750 WQUH221 RM3 CCWIU 460.1875Police: Dispatch ("100s" units) [Decode-able] DMR Law Dispatch
Not sure about the old channel.

Police dispatch can be decoded using DSD+ on a PC.

Have only heard 453.25 186.2 all afternoon with Macomb PD.

Haven't heard a data burst of DMR on 453.25 in a few weeks now

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Bit off topic, but as promised, I have confirmed a few PL/DPL tones in use by various WIU groups. I'll go through the entire list, all FM mode unless otherwise stated. Any tones not in the database will be noted with an asterisk.

Police Dispatch - 460.1875 - DMR - In use, as previously discussed
Former Police Dispatch - 453.9000, 412 DPL - Currently not in use
Concert Safety - 462.1875, 67.0 PL - In heavy use during events
Security Operations A - 462.2375, 85.4 PL* - In use during football games, tailgating lot patrols
Security Operations B - 462.3375 - No use recorded
Security Operations C - 462.4625 - Key ups heard, no regular voice traffic, no tone noted
Call Boxes/Police Discrete - 453.2000, 151.4 PL - In use, although no police traffic heard
Library Ops - 467.7625, 023 DPL* - In use
Union Operations - 453.6500, 411 DPL - In use
Heat Plant - 453.5750 - No use recorded
Campus Recreation - 464.3750, 351 DPL* - In use, unlicensed
Western EMS - 453.075, 210.7 PL - In use

It should also be noted that 453.6000 is labeled as 3 different things. I have recorded a DPL of 411, and a PL of 186.2. Can't confirm use on either, although traffic with DPL 411 is maintenance traffic, probably could be labeled as Facilities Management 1. No traffic recorded on Facilities Management 2. There are also some fairly serious interference issues on 453.6000, at least on my end. May just be front end overload on my 197 too, I'm fairly close to a couple transmitters, including WXJ92 that destroys my reception on 154.1000 without the attenuator on.

RADIOGUY2002

If i was a guessing man

Anything of 186.2 pl is old news and can go bye bye, 2010 and previous for that tone, all dpl forward.

Police Dispatch - 460.1875 - DMR - In use, as previously discussed, my guess is the other time slot will eventually become ems side.

Call Boxes for Police Services - 453.2000, 151.4 PL - In use. (No longer use as discrete)
See link: http://www.wiu.edu/vpas/public_safety/callboxes.php

Western EMS - 453.075, 210.7 PL - Current in system in play until new radios are bought or migration to dmr.
See Link: http://www.wiu.edu/vpas/public_safety/wems/history.php

Operations 453.6500, 411 DPL, Trades (Electrical)
Operations 453.6000, 411 DPL, Trades (Heating,etc)
Operations 453.5750, 411 DPL, Heat Plant Exclusively, look at a campus map, big asset.

Former Police Dispatch - 453.9000, 412 DPL - Currently not in use-Backup or turned over to Concert Safety

"Concert Safety Group as follows" MOTOROLA CP150'S 200'S
Concert Safety - 462.1875, 67.0 PL - In heavy use during events-Ch1, heavy use for events surrounding the union, to included concert, performances, dances.
Security Operations A - 462.2375, 85.4 PL* - Ch2 In use during football games, tailgating lot patrols
Security Operations B - 462.3375 - Ch3 No use recorded
Security Operations C - 462.4625 - Ch4 Key ups heard, no regular voice traffic, no tone noted

Hints the DPL Codes....
Library Ops - 467.7625, 023 DPL* - New use starting around 2012
Campus Recreation - 464.3750, 351 DPL* - In use, was licensed but not renewed.

WIU and Macomb Police share resources on lots of levels. The migration to trbo by the city or the university created the need for both agencies to have trbo radios. The county if not done so will flow suit. The deputies portables are uhf that feed to the extender in their cars which put it over vhf. When living their this has been what has been noticed. The track record is their, its not hard to follow. The reasons for dmr are obvious do some research and you'll understand why. I strongly suggest that you be careful about what gets posted and may or may not have a huge influence on future decisions. A big reason why trbo over starcom21 is money based and long term objectives as eventually the money will not be their for starcom21. Its much more productive to create patches or supply the dist troopers with trbo radios $700 vs $1200.00.

469.55000 M 88.5 PL The Forum The Forum - nightclub/bar FM Business, "Confirm post 2011" MOTOROLA CP200'S

464.5000 CAMPUS/DORMS/RA'S/ETC
464.5500 CAMPUS/DORMS/RA'S/ETC
469.5000 CAMPUS/DORMS/RA'S/ETC
469.5500 CAMPUS/DORMS/RA'S/ETC

See link-http://wiu.edu/student_services/student_development_office/index.php

Hopefully this provides for some insight

Last edited:

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Security C, 462.4625 in use with DPL of 072 tonight; the tone is not in the database. Macomb PD, ISP, MCSO, and WIU OPS have been busy tonight with protests and fights breaking out in the areas right around and on campus.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Bit of a side topic, but it sounds like Western EMS has switched to the OPS DMR repeater, possibly using the second talkgroup on slot 2. I've been reviewing recordings that DSD+ took tonight and EMS definitely at least has access to the system.

RADIOGUY2002

HMM

Can't help it but say I told you this was going to happen. Their are more changes coming, but the more you posted it up, the more their going to go down that road. Stop posting the info before you run it for everyone. I keeping telling you guys that their are reasons for their direction and the way its going. Stop before u mess up a good thing, their are a few people involved in comm's in the area that monitor this site. Once again I urge u to keep it off the site and discuss it in more formal channels. It will turn into a sevier, county tn debate if you keep pushing the envelope. If you want to discuss more details then pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.