• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mototrbo programming questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have 3 questions regarding programming for an XPR6550 display radio. I've gone thru the system planner and the help topics in the program, and may of missed the answers:

1. I am able to program my analog GP300's and HT750's so that if I turn the channel knob, I will get a beep when I land on the last channel scanned. Can I do this with my 6550?

2. Is there a way to make the display light when the receive opens while scanning?

3. Is there a way to program it to receive everything on a frequency?

The last question is no big deal. We have a local dpw. I know the freq, I know they are trbo, just wondering if I could listen to them.

But the first two questions, I'd really like to be able to do one or the other.
I will have the radio scanning. The receive opens, but by the time I grab the radio, try to see the display, (it's dark out both to and from work this time of year), the radio is back to scanning, and I don't know which freq/talkgroup the traffic was on.

Thanks for any help.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I have 3 questions regarding programming for an XPR6550 display radio. I've gone thru the system planner and the help topics in the program, and may of missed the answers:

1. I am able to program my analog GP300's and HT750's so that if I turn the channel knob, I will get a beep when I land on the last channel scanned. Can I do this with my 6550?

2. Is there a way to make the display light when the receive opens while scanning?

3. Is there a way to program it to receive everything on a frequency?

The last question is no big deal. We have a local dpw. I know the freq, I know they are trbo, just wondering if I could listen to them.

But the first two questions, I'd really like to be able to do one or the other.
I will have the radio scanning. The receive opens, but by the time I grab the radio, try to see the display, (it's dark out both to and from work this time of year), the radio is back to scanning, and I don't know which freq/talkgroup the traffic was on.

Thanks for any help.

1- No, that feature known as "scanned channel discovery" is not available on the XPR series.

2-Not on the 6550. But the 7550 you can keep the display backlight on all the time.

3- There is no "digital carrier squelch" mode on TRBO. You can only RX the specific group lists associated with a conventional frequency on the programmed color code and time slot you have specified.

SCPD

QRT
tuning

So another question:

I've seen many say don't touch the Tuner if you don't know what you are doing.

I opened up the program today, brought in one of the samples, and looked at the settings.
Kinda disgruntled a bit. Unlike the cps, I can't get a little popup window to open at the bottom because all the settings were grayed out on the sample.
Must be something you have to have a "live" radio hooked up to see happen.

Kinda looks like there are different settings depending on where in the bandsplit you are operating.
I'm only going to be using my radios for ham.
And I think the audio is plenty loud.

Would tweaking in here really be any advantage for a radio that will always be at the low end of the split?
Or just leave everything alone?

Thanks.

N4KVE

Leave the tuning alone. There is a setting that allows the radio to stay on the last ch scanned. Turn the scan off, & the radio returns to the ch the knob is set to.

Status
Not open for further replies.