MotoTRBO Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb0wao

Yes, I know that there is no currently available scanner that will receive and "decode" this and this is also not a plea for the manufacturers to make one. My question is more of an "operational issue". Did Motorola produce a "dual mode" mobile radio that could operate as a standard analog radio and also operate in MotoTRBO mode as well?

The reason that I ask is a local agency normally operates in the clear on analog, but does on occasion operate some type of digital system for "privacy". The closest thing that I have found that sounds like what I hear is a MotoTRBO signal. Both types of signals are on the same frequency.

Just curious if they produced such a rig and if they did could this agency be utilizing this function as a "privacy" mode?

Dennis

N

N_Jay

Yes, the MotoTRBO line is dual mode, analog and MotoTRBO.

Additionally there is a third party LTR board for use on ANALOG LTR trunking systems.

wb0wao

Thanx for the information. I _thought_ that is what they might be doing if the radios were capable of doing that. They are not on a trunked system - just a few analog discreet frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.