Mototrbo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunyon

Silent Key
Does anyone know of any Mototrbo UHF "community repeater" systems in central Indiana for business use? If so, I'd appreciate some details and contact info.

drunyon

Silent Key
Thank you to all the of the responders, both public and private. I think I have the info I need.

DiGiTaLD

ERS system is, to the best of my knowledge, a Capacity Plus, which IIRC is a MOTOTRBO flavor of trunking. I also understand that it is networked via an IP backhaul and radios can go from site to site. At least this is what I was told by one of their techs about a year ago.

Typically, I don't think we'll see the standard "community repeater" systems with MOTOTRBO (either conventional or trunked flavors) as we saw on conventional analog. My guess is that either individual businesses will have their own systems installed (poorly) by ERS scaled to meet their needs (until something better comes along that ERS just has to sell them because their TRBO will be obsolete), or users will be put on someone else's MOTOTRBO trunking system. But, the days of the multi PL/DPL panel with many "talkgroups" (different PL or DPL) on the same conventional repeater are going, if not already gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.