MOTOTRBO System on 451.525 in Albany

Status
Not open for further replies.

sav1350

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else noticed what appears to be a MOTOTRBO system running in the Albany area on 451.525? I am pretty new to DMR so I may have some of this wrong. When monitoring the frequency in WinDSD and DSDPlus, it seems to identify as being part of a CapacityPlus system. It looks like this is licensed to the SUNY Research Foundation in the area of where SUNY Poly is. WQCA455 (Research Foundation of SUNY) FCC Callsign Details

I have monitored the other frequencies in the license and have seen some data being decoded on those but not as much as 451.525. So, I'm guessing that is the rest/idle channel (sorry don't know the correct term, don't believe it's called control channel on ConnectPlus). I get some audio decode but it is so garbled that I can't tell if it's encrypted or if I' just too far away. I'm hoping someone closer and with more knowledge in DMR scanning can help identify it.

I did search the database and forum posts and haven't seen this discussed before. Attached is my WinDSD log in case anyone else can decipher it better.

Attachments

• windsd.txt
    190 KB · Views: 112

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded win dsd v2. How do you get a log file out of it?? Anyway, back to yours, it reflects dmr, nxdn and mototrbo. Does win dsd indicate if its connect plus, nxdn or cap+ system?

You could download dsdplus and have sdrsharp or any sdr feed dsd and maybe see more info. Not familiar with windsd but have been using dsdplus for a while.

sav1350

Premium Subscriber
I should have mentioned, I did start monitoring it on dsdplus but tried windsd because it shows more info in the output. I got the log by piping the command output to a file:

"windsd -i pa:1 -o pa:4 >> windsd.log".

Sorry, I misspoke in my post. It indicates CapacityPlus, NOT ConnectPlus. This is from the sting in that data stream "MotFS Cap+" according to the readme that means MOTOTRBO CapacityPlus. There is also a string that shows up, "MotFS LC+ Site Info FL:3 Slot:0 RCh:1 Site:4 AjS: 1(RCh:1 )" that indicates it to be a Linked Capacity Plus system and that this is Site 4 and it is adjacent to Site 1. Again this is my interpretation based on the readme file.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
EDIT

Never mind, I see its working now. But is there a list of commands anywhere?

Ok I assume I need to make the above a bat file? I did and it gave me a log file but its way to short for the amount of time its been running. Is the a list of commands anywhere?

Thanks

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
My cap+ string looks different . I do not have the word site anywhere in the txt file

CACH: Cap+ RCh:1 R?:0
Sync: +DMR mod: GFSK inlvl: 16% [slot0] slot1 CC: 1 CSBK LB:1 PF:0 MotFS Cap+ Ch Stat FL:3 Slot:0 RCh:1 Idle
Sync: +DMR mod: GFSK inlvl: 16% slot0 [slot1] CC: 1 CSBK LB:1 PF:0 MotFS Cap+ Ch Stat FL:3 Slot:1 RCh:1 Idle
Sync: +DMR mod: GFSK inlvl: 16% [slot0] slot1 CC: 1 CSBK LB:1 PF:0 MotFS Cap+ Ch Stat FL:3 Slot:0 RCh:1 Idle
Sync: +DMR mod: GFSK inlvl: 16% slot0 [slot1] CC: 1 CSBK LB:1 PF:0 MotFS Cap+ Ch Stat FL:3 Slot:1 RCh:1 Idle

I will have to do some reading to know what I am seeing.

Been trying to figure out a 4 freq system.

Status
Not open for further replies.