MotoTRBO Trunked Channel hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

semo

I have a question about MotoTRBO Trunked channel hold on a SDS100. Does the frequency not change and hold also? If the talkgroup changes frequency then the transmission is missed? I hope this makes sense.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Ok there is 2 holds, on is a regular hold, that will hild on that one frequency or talk group, the other is a system hold, that will hold the system site, it will scan the site and hit all talk groups that are talking on that tower,.

semo

I am referencing the talkgroup hold. It seems as long as there is a DMR data stream on the frequency the frequency doesn't change. For example a talkroup talks and I press the channel hold button. The frequency remains constant because a data stream is in progress. The talkgroup moves to another frequency and I miss the conversation because the scanner remains on the datastream. I am trying to monitor a Hytera XPT system. http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3195451 XPT systems have a rolling rest channel with near constant on off datastream on each frequency. I must be missing something.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I am referencing the talkgroup hold. It seems as long as there is a DMR data stream on the frequency the frequency doesn't change. For example a talkroup talks and I press the channel hold button. The frequency remains constant because a data stream is in progress. The talkgroup moves to another frequency and I miss the conversation because the scanner remains on the datastream. I am trying to monitor a Hytera XPT system. http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3195451 XPT systems have a rolling rest channel with near constant on off datastream on each frequency. I must be missing something.

Do you have this programmed as a MotoTRBO Trunk system, or are you trying to monitor the frequencies in conventional mode?

semo

MotoTRBO Trunked. I was able to get it to work by creating a new site for each frequency. Now it will scan all frequencies after a transmission. If I put all the frequencies under one site it will tend to stay on only one frequency and not following the conversation. I know this is a work around but it is better than all in one site. This forces a scan of all frequencies before moving on. It appears that there is nothing in the XPT datastream to tell the scanner where to go next.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
MotoTRBO Trunked. I was able to get it to work by creating a new site for each frequency. Now it will scan all frequencies after a transmission. If I put all the frequencies under one site it will tend to stay on only one frequency and not following the conversation. I know this is a work around but it is better than all in one site. This forces a scan of all frequencies before moving on. It appears that there is nothing in the XPT datastream to tell the scanner where to go next.

Are the same talkgroups transmitting across the different sites? I'm not familiar with XPT systems, this is new to me.

semo

Yes I have confirmed three of the frequencies are in use by the same talkgroups. I confirmed them by putting them in conventional first. They are all color code 1 also. The users seem to have no problems. I guess you cannot trunk track XPT systems? The sds100 decodes them just fine, it just cannot follow the conversation like it should. Running the analyze feature will give you different LCNs each time you run it.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have confirmed three of the frequencies are in use by the same talkgroups. I confirmed them by putting them in conventional first. They are all color code 1 also. The users seem to have no problems. I guess you cannot trunk track XPT systems? The sds100 decodes them just fine, it just cannot follow the conversation like it should. Running the analyze feature will give you different LCNs each time you run it.

I thought that it could trunk track, but I don't have any systems.

dazza0768

Sounds like you have wrong or no LCN programmed and you're hearing the conversation when it chats on the other timeslot of the control channel frequency.

semo

Unidens LCN finder will give you different results each time its ran. Only three frequencies are used. I cannot figure out how to determine LCNs on an Hytera XPT system. DSD+ is no help either on this system in determining LCNs. I tried using the Cap+ method of looking at the data stream to determine LCNs, although similar to Cap+ its quite different.

dazza0768

Have you tried experimenting and taking the even LSN from DSD+ and halved the number to get the LCN? If you have LSN 99 and 100, halve 100 and your LCN could be 50.

Ubbe

Uniden says that their scanners handle XPT trunking. I usually see XPT used on a single frequency and conversations jump between the two slots. I know that Hytera can combine several XPT channels to make a higher capacity system and it might by that Uniden haven't implemented that yeat as it is a fairly new feature from Hytera.

If you are using the non-payment DSDplus version and not fast lane then that version are several years old and probably doesn't support it either.

/Ubbe

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
I’ll throw this out here. I discovered a XPT system here in North Carolina that exhibited similar behavior with the LCN. The analyze function would assign a LCN of 1 for different frequencies in the same site when I ran different analyze sessions. What I ended up doing was to create a separate site for each frequency. Instead of programming the system with a single 4 frequency site, I programmed it with 4 sites of one frequency each and assigned an LCN of 1 to each frequency. After that, it started tracking properly. I need to find another XPT system to see if it works the same way.

semo

I’ll throw this out here. I discovered a XPT system here in North Carolina that exhibited similar behavior with the LCN. The analyze function would assign a LCN of 1 for different frequencies in the same site when I ran different analyze sessions. What I ended up doing was to create a separate site for each frequency. Instead of programming the system with a single 4 frequency site, I programmed it with 4 sites of one frequency each and assigned an LCN of 1 to each frequency. After that, it started tracking properly. I need to find another XPT system to see if it works the same way.

That is what seems to work on my sds100. I also have dsd+Fastlane version 246. I have setup the system but it just seems to scan it as its conventional. It doesn't want to stop on active frequencies and will move on mid conversation. I am still experimenting with it. One issue I see is that all three sites are beaconing, sometimes they even overlap beaconing at the same time..

Ubbe

.... I programmed it with 4 sites of one frequency each and assigned an LCN of 1 to each frequency...
Did you program that as MotoTrbo? If all channels are beaconing it must be sending control channel info on all frequencies, and all are saying that a specific TG are active at channel 3 slot 2? Will that make the scanner just jump between sites trying to find that TG or it stops at any TG it finds?

/Ubbe

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Hytera has Pseudo trunking and XPT. Pseduo trunking can be used on single frequency systems and will utilize the same talk group on different time slots. It can be enabled on the handheld side (or mobile) as long as your using a Hytera repeater capable of it. Its designed to allow more flexibility with single frequency systems.
The XPT trunking does not, as far as i know, use standard control channel stuff like Motorola Cap plus or Connect Plus.
Its been about 3 years since i worked at a 2-way shop who was a Hytera Dealer. At that time i was just learning XPT trunking and Hytera created their own way of doing it. Unfortunately i left shortly before i was to be trained on the XPT trunking features.

Status
Not open for further replies.