• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MotoTRBO - V7.0 Enhancement problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I recently updated my XPR6550 to firmware 1.08.20 and CPS 7.0 and I was hoping to take advantage of the new features such as channel and zone voice announcements. I have updated the radio and did a read/write on the codeplug to update it but I'm not seeing any of the new features in the CPU. When I go to Device/Manage Voice Announcements it comes back with an error saying something to the effect 'no applicable devices found for this feature'. I've also noticed I don't have any options for 5Tone signalling (which according to the help file should show up in the Signalling tree when the feature is 'activated') but there is no mention of where/how you activate the feature.

Anyone else tried this stuff yet with success?

SCPD

QRT
May not be North America

People have been posting in the MotoTrbo Yahoo usergroup that they don't think 7.0 is for North America, and that they also were having issues with it not working.
I didn't download it when I seen it.
I generally don't upgrade until the vendor sends me radios that won't play with the software I'm using already.

tkline98

Premium Subscriber
Forts, I too experienced this same discovery on my 6550s just the other day. I have not found a solution to get the voice prompts to work either. I was glad to see that the firmware update gave us QC2 signaling finally.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Thanks for the reply, glad it's not just me! It doesn't say so, but I'm sort of wondering if the voice announcements only work on non-display models or something. I have access to an XPR6350 that I'm going to try it on today or tomorrow.

JRayfield

Where did you hear, or read, that firmware 1.08.20 and CPS 7.0 would support channel and zone announcements in the XPR6550?

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma

I recently updated my XPR6550 to firmware 1.08.20 and CPS 7.0 and I was hoping to take advantage of the new features such as channel and zone voice announcements. I have updated the radio and did a read/write on the codeplug to update it but I'm not seeing any of the new features in the CPU. When I go to Device/Manage Voice Announcements it comes back with an error saying something to the effect 'no applicable devices found for this feature'. I've also noticed I don't have any options for 5Tone signalling (which according to the help file should show up in the Signalling tree when the feature is 'activated') but there is no mention of where/how you activate the feature.

Anyone else tried this stuff yet with success?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
It's in the readme.htm that comes with CPS 7.0:

2. What's new in this release

Version
Notes
7.0 (Build 356)
Support for Analog Vote Scan feature.
Support for 5Tone feature.
Support for Voice Announcement feature.
Support for Intelligent Audio feature.
Support for SL Series radios.

JRayfield

The Voice Announcement and Intelligent Audio are features in the new XPR radios that were announced in Sept/Oct of this last year. Motorola has not indicated in any way, to any of us dealers, that they will be in the current XPR-series of radios.

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma

It's in the readme.htm that comes with CPS 7.0:

Version
Notes
7.0 (Build 356)
Support for Analog Vote Scan feature.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That could very well be... I don't know. I was also told that the features will actually be available in firmware 1.08.30 coming in February. The help files and docs do not mention which model numbers or firmware versions are required. From the readme with the CPS, one would certainly assume that the features are being added to the current XPR's (as those are the only model numbers listed)... there is no mention of new model #'s.

Code:
1. Introduction

Welcome to the MOTOTRBO Customer Programming Software (CPS) for the XPR 4300, XPR 4350, XPR 4380, XPR 4500, XPR 4550, XPR 4580, XPR 6100, XPR 6300, XPR 6350, XPR 6380, XPR 6380 IS, XPR 6500, XPR 6550, XPR 6580, XPR 6580 IS, XPR 8300, XPR 8380, XPR 8400, and MTR3000 radios.

Version               Notes
7.0 (Build 356)       Support for Analog Vote Scan feature.

matrix2831

XPR6500 Oldest firmware ?

Hi, i'm just got an XPR6500 from ebay, got also the programming cable, and discover a old CPS 6.1 software, i'm see i have on my radio a firmware R01.00.01 !

Seems i have a very old Firmware !

You can say where i can got the lastest firmware for my radio ?

Thank You,

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.