• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mototrbo XPR3500 fixed alert for alwrt tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemedic78

Hello all, I am having some issues and could use some advice. I have a MOTOTRBO VHF XPR 3500, everything works with one exception that I would like to have. On all of my other motorola's and most of my Kenwood and vertex radios, each programming software has a fixed alert within the settings, making the scan with priority Channel alert beep when traffic is received on the priority Channel, or for the motorola QCII alerts, or any other alert tell that manner, low battery alert, ECT, and you can set how loud you want the fixed alert tone by going into the decibal settings. Under the general settings tab of the CPS, there is a fixed alert box you can check along with setting the decibal level of the alert tone under the alert Tab under the general setting section. However, once check the fixed alert box, I no longer have control of the volume. My volume speaker level basically is the same decibal as the alert tone once I make my alert tones fixed. Basically all I want to do is have control of my speaker volume by using the volume knob, or the on/off knob. If this sounds familiar to any of you and you have any advice, I'm open to any and all suggestions as to how I can fix this fixed alert for the tone only. I still want to be able to control the volume with the volume knob. And for anybody wondering, the firmware version that is in my radio is 6.0. If there is no fix, then I can live with the way I have it set now. As it stands, I have control of the volume using the volume knob, and the sound of any alert tone goes with what I have my volume speaker set as. Thank you in advance.

Chris

Scrapmanken1

Hello all, I am having some issues and could use some advice. I have a MOTOTRBO VHF XPR 3500, everything works with one exception that I would like to have. On all of my other motorola's and most of my Kenwood and vertex radios, each programming software has a fixed alert within the settings, making the scan with priority Channel alert beep when traffic is received on the priority Channel, or for the motorola QCII alerts, or any other alert tell that manner, low battery alert, ECT, and you can set how loud you want the fixed alert tone by going into the decibal settings. Under the general settings tab of the CPS, there is a fixed alert box you can check along with setting the decibal level of the alert tone under the alert Tab under the general setting section. However, once check the fixed alert box, I no longer have control of the volume. My volume speaker level basically is the same decibal as the alert tone once I make my alert tones fixed. Basically all I want to do is have control of my speaker volume by using the volume knob, or the on/off knob. If this sounds familiar to any of you and you have any advice, I'm open to any and all suggestions as to how I can fix this fixed alert for the tone only. I still want to be able to control the volume with the volume knob. And for anybody wondering, the firmware version that is in my radio is 6.0. If there is no fix, then I can live with the way I have it set now. As it stands, I have control of the volume using the volume knob, and the sound of any alert tone goes with what I have my volume speaker set as. Thank you in advance.

Chris
Try to go into your radio settings from the unit and go under the settings and try to control the tones/alerts from there.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.