• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mount for Pro-79 Handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber

N0IU

Either that or something like this from the same dealer: Car Cup Holder Mount for Handheld Radios with Belt Clips They also make one for GRE scanners that looks identical, but has a different part number: Car Cup Holder Mount for GRE PSR-100 PSR-300 PSR-500 Scanner

I kind of like it because it raises the radio up a little more than the one you showed. I can't tell from the picture, but it appears that it also tilts.

Forgive me for not having a good knowledge of New Jersey geography, but you are in NJ and this company is in NJ, so why not just give them a call and ask which one they recommend? If you are close enough, they might even let you come by and see which one works best in your Liberty.

MOUNTGUYS.COM
179-9 Route 46 Suite 232
Rockaway NJ 07866

M-F 9AM - 4PM ET
1-973-794-5279

The only thing I would avoid are those ones that attach to the windshield with suction cups. If this falls off the windshield... wait, let me correct that... WHEN this falls off the windshield, it could really cause problems!

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Either that or something like this from the same dealer: Car Cup Holder Mount for Handheld Radios with Belt Clips They also make one for GRE scanners that looks identical, but has a different part number: Car Cup Holder Mount for GRE PSR-100 PSR-300 PSR-500 Scanner

I kind of like it because it raises the radio up a little more than the one you showed. I can't tell from the picture, but it appears that it also tilts.

Forgive me for not having a good knowledge of New Jersey geography, but you are in NJ and this company is in NJ, so why not just give them a call and ask which one they recommend? If you are close enough, they might even let you come by and see which one works best in your Liberty.

MOUNTGUYS.COM
179-9 Route 46 Suite 232
Rockaway NJ 07866

M-F 9AM - 4PM ET
1-973-794-5279

The only thing I would avoid are those ones that attach to the windshield with suction cups. If this falls off the windshield... wait, let me correct that... WHEN this falls off the windshield, it could really cause problems!

Thanks so much Scott! They aren't too far away from me so I will give them a buzz for sure! I am going to send you a PM...

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
I bought on of these from ebay:SM325-S : Universal Phone Mount for Seat Bolt or Floor Mounting (see 5th item down in left column) It has bee redesigned a little since I bought mine so check the specs. Even though it says it is a phone mount, I have a Pro 96 and it fits nice and snug...plus you still get to use you cup holder!

That is another good option! Thank you!! I think I will probably end up getting a cup holder mount just because I like it right there lol.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Cup Holder mounted is great if you can live without the extra cup holder, which is great for about 95% of users. My wife rides with me regularly so I need both of cup holders. Just remember that the bar on the one I showed you is completely flexable and very sturdy, so it can be flexed into most any direction or position. Here are a couple of pics of my set up just for reference:
img0019hf0.jpg

img0010uy6.jpg

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Cup Holder mounted is great if you can live without the extra cup holder, which is great for about 95% of users. My wife rides with me regularly so I need both of cup holders. Just remember that the bar on the one I showed you is completely flexable and very sturdy, so it can be flexed into most any direction or position. Here are a couple of pics of my set up just for reference:
img0019hf0.jpg

img0010uy6.jpg

What kind of antenna do you have? mag mount? I think I will end up getting the cup holder mount, I don't need more than two lol...thanks! ;)

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
I am interested in the cup holder mount from Mount Guys - http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/cm623-scanner.htm. Does anyone have this? If so, can someone please tell me if it will work even though I need to get a plug to charge it in there? I keep it plugged into the cigarette lighter all the time so if I can do that, I will get it! It looks pretty cool! Pictures would be appreciated! :)

Thanks and Happy New Year! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.