Mount Vernon FD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Remove the fact that Mt. Vernon uses low power simplex for their 2 fireground frequencies and I'm way out of range for picking them up...my question is about their fireground operations.

As per the info in the RR Database, Mount Vernon Fire Department uses 1 dispatch and 2 fireground frequencies . Do they operate anywhere else other than 153.770 and 153.830 for "Fire-Tac" and 154.1450 for dispatch? Do they make any use of the Westchester Trunk system and the TAC channels on there?

The FCC Database shows an additional UHF Frequency for Mt. Vernon FD that is not in the RR Database. I was wondering if this was an unused frequency, or if there was some low powered activity on it? FCC shows it is for 60 units at 2w ERP. 453.8125 under call KEE404

Thanks for the info

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I have picked up Mt Vernon FD ID's on the trunk system, (prefix 333XX) mainly when the are responding or operating on a Mutual Aid call. Their HQ radio affiliates on to the system virtually every day at 7 AM, and I have heard them talk to 60 on several occasions. That said I would assume that they have access to (radios installed) and could use any Westchester County FG's or TG's.

Astrosaber

Premium Subscriber
W2lie,

Mount Vernon FD and now EMS get dispatched on 154.145 118.8.

For fireground operations they use 153.830.

They also have newly installed vehicle repeaters in both the battalion's cars and engines, which I believe operate on that 153.770 freq. The vehicle repeaters are inplace to repeat the low power portables on 154.145

Sonic1131

Premium Subscriber
Mt.Vernon is now using UHF portables on the fireground. I believe MVFD is using the designated fireground from the plan 60 Control that has been in place for several years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.