Mount Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrweb

Premium Subscriber
Are there any police or fire repeaters on Mt Washington that would be able to monitor from Portland Maine ?

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
I'm not sure about local FD's or PD's. I'm thinking they don't. There are several NH State Agencies and the White Mountain National Forest have repeaters on Mt. Washington.

Best bet is to run a search between 150.500MHz and 161.000MHz for local/county/regional and 162-174MHz for federal ops; then cross reference with Scan New England Wiki and/or RR.

John M
Penacook, NH

ecps92

State n Federal, but no Local or County that I know of.

Also add in some Business Band users
I'm not sure about local FD's or PD's. I'm thinking they don't. There are several NH State Agencies and the White Mountain National Forest have repeaters on Mt. Washington.

Best bet is to run a search between 150.500MHz and 161.000MHz for local/county/regional and 162-174MHz for federal ops; then cross reference with Scan New England Wiki and/or RR.

John M
Penacook, NH

a417

U+0000
If I read the OP correctly, I think he's trying to listen to Mt Washington from Portland, Me.

Depending on where @lrweb is located, there are places in town (Westbrook) that have direct line of sight to Mt Washington, which would facilitate him recieving transmissions from there. I'm not sure what is broadcast from it, but with a good directional antenna it should be possible.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
If I read the OP correctly, I think he's trying to listen to Mt Washington from Portland, Me.
That is exactly what he said, and exactly what was answered above in the other posts (???)

Mount Washington is LOS to Portland and reception of services from the mountain in Portland is easy. The only area you'd have issues is down by the restaurant district (Fore St) area.

a417

U+0000
That is exactly what he said, and exactly what was answered above in the other posts (???)

Mount Washington is LOS to Portland and reception of services from the mountain in Portland is easy. The only area you'd have issues is down by the restaurant district (Fore St) area.
Yep. Read the OP wrong! apologies!

Metronorthradio

FREQ OF NATURE
146.655 100.0 W1NH 2 meter linked repeater
Ng state police use and NHDOT, Maine life Star has a UHF repeater that DHART USES (453.6500 103.5)
WMNF- 171.5250 123.0, pretty much a lot of government and statue repeaters. You might be able to here the cog train that powers up the Mtn. There is over a hundred repeaters up there

Status
Not open for further replies.