Mountain Home AFB, ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhavrilko

Premium Subscriber
I programmed my GRECOM PSR500 for all trunked frequencies in the area. I noticed that MHAFB Security Forces transmissions are unintelligible. I am able to hear others on the networks such as POL, aircraft maintenance, etc. but these particular transmissions are unintelligible. My question is whether they upgraded to the Phase II system, they are scrambling these transmissions, or when I imported these frequencies, there is a setting that is incorrect for this talkgroup. It is understandable if they are scrambling their transmissions for obvious security purposes but if I have a setting that is wrong, I would like to correct it. I will have to wait to upgrade my scanner to a unit that can receive the newer P25 broadcasts like the Home Patrol II. Any help would be much appreciated.

V/r
Vince

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
I programmed my GRECOM PSR500 for all trunked frequencies in the area. I noticed that MHAFB Security Forces transmissions are unintelligible. I am able to hear others on the networks such as POL, aircraft maintenance, etc. but these particular transmissions are unintelligible. My question is whether they upgraded to the Phase II system, they are scrambling these transmissions, or when I imported these frequencies, there is a setting that is incorrect for this talkgroup. It is understandable if they are scrambling their transmissions for obvious security purposes but if I have a setting that is wrong, I would like to correct it. I will have to wait to upgrade my scanner to a unit that can receive the newer P25 broadcasts like the Home Patrol II. Any help would be much appreciated.

V/r
Vince
If you can hear some of the traffic on the network OK, then the garbled TGs are most likely encrypted, in which case a new scanner won't help. It would not surprise me that the security TGs have been encrypted, although I have not specifically heard that to be the case.

Which of the TGs are garbled(encrypted)?

vhavrilko

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply... It is the Security Forces talk group so most likely it is encrypted and with all of the focus on security issues these days, it is not surprising. Once I can confirm this, I will simply block that talk group with the ARC500 software. The remaining talk groups are readable.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Mountain Home AFB

I occasionally receive MHAFB on my HP2 in my vehicle dependent on my location in the valley. Security is encrypted as op mentioned. Just a sign of the times we live in

Bowen Field used to be on UHF now who knows not much traffic in the past. Their "Smokey" FD units are on BFD Freqs when responding to Airport call

SCPD

QRT
Guys, FYI, I've submitted a few updates for Mtn Home AFB system. Is anyone able to confirm that Site 101 exists? I'm not getting anything around those frequencies and Pro96com shows no connected neighbor sites to that system. So I'm thinking it's not operational -- but I'm doing this all from Boise and not from nearby the base.

safetypro, after updating my 996XT to the latest frequencies, i am able to pick up Sites 303 and 404 with ease in the Star/Eagle area in NW Boise. They start to get a little muddled closer to town.

Regarding some of the active voice comms, it sounds like a lot of the airmen are not trained on how to use a microphone properly. Most are talking way too close to the mic and thus have muffled audio. I'd say about half of the users I heard were doing this...

Status
Not open for further replies.