Mountain view arkansas decode issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kethosradio

the stone county, and AWIN are fine. The issue I have is getting mountain view DMR to do anything other than make digital noise.
Equipment, and software
*rtl-sdr
*sdr sharp current version
*dsd+ public
*bcd996p2 with DMR upgrade.
*freescan
The dsd+ gets a lot of errors, and outputs un-decoded digital, and the occasional analog the bcd996p2 does the same, not showing any errors.

Kethosradio

155.550, 155.190, 155.685, and finally 443.600 I'm not sure I get anything off the last one at all, but all of the 155.xxx if it's not analog all I hear is digital

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Same here. I have those frequencies programmed to my TRX-1 as both analog & DMR with wildcards.

I hear digital noise when it stops on the analog NFM object. I can skip it and the DMR object won't ever acknowledge a signal. I've checked squelch settings and even changed modes on the objects and get no DMR decode.

Next weekend I need to take two radios - one set analog, the other set DMR - to see if it's even hearing the DMR.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
OK. Now, I've heard them talking DMR before but I've also experienced the same with hearing the digital noise on the analog channel. A negative side effect of them not licensing completely different frequencies for DMR vs their older analog freqs.

I can pick them up from my house in Independence County...maybe I should try to setup a scanner to monitor the DMR side.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
We went to listen to the music on the square Saturday evening and I had my TRX-1 and it wouldn't pick up any DMR wildcards that I saw. Pretty sure it picked up what is in the DB as far as DMR. I'll have to look at the recording log.

I'll take my TRX-1 & WS 1088 and leave them running in the car while we're out and look at the logs. One will be DMR only, the other analog only.

Cross County SO has a similar set up where they have analog & DMR licensed for the same frequencies, but from my experience it's all DMR. They think no one can hear them.

Kethosradio

I used the database here to do the tuning, is it possible the settings are wrong? I look forward to what you find out.

Kethosradio

Also curious if I can do anything with the rtlsdr to provide myself with some logs that might point to the root of the issue

wbswetnam

OK. Now, I've heard them talking DMR before but I've also experienced the same with hearing the digital noise on the analog channel. A negative side effect of them not licensing completely different frequencies for DMR vs their older analog freqs.

I can pick them up from my house in Independence County...maybe I should try to setup a scanner to monitor the DMR side.
Over here close to Russellville, Yell County uses the same frequencies for both analog and DMR. County fire is initially dispatched on analog, then the units switch immediately to DMR on the same frequency (154.295) for operations. The sheriff's department uses DMR almost exclusively on 154.815, but sometimes the dispatcher switches to analog for OEM. It doesn't seem to cause many problems, however, because the CT tones screen out the digital for analog, and the digital channels ignore any analog signals.
Not sure what's going on with Stone County SO. From where my father used to live in Southside, trying to decode the digital west signal was just out of range; DSD+ gave me a decode like that displayed above. I never heard any digital on the east frequency (155.190), but since my father moved in with me here in Russellville in 2017 I haven't been over that way very much.

Kethosradio

Yeah that's pretty lousy decode. It may not help much, but do you have DSD+ set to decode only DMR?
I've tried it both ways, DMR doesn't make a difference that I can see, although on auto I do get false sync to nxdn96 at the end of the transmissions, but not always. The error's seem constant with the rtl-sdr, even in the city center, my bcd996p2 shows no errors anywhere, it simply outputs digital noise.

Kethosradio

the bcd996p2 allows me to limit digital, analog or both. I seem to get the un-decoded regardless of how I set the analog, or the decode detection timer.

Kethosradio

We went to listen to the music on the square Saturday evening and I had my TRX-1 and it wouldn't pick up any DMR wildcards that I saw. Pretty sure it picked up what is in the DB as far as DMR. I'll have to look at the recording log.

I'll take my TRX-1 & WS 1088 and leave them running in the car while we're out and look at the logs. One will be DMR only, the other analog only.

Cross County SO has a similar set up where they have analog & DMR licensed for the same frequencies, but from my experience it's all DMR. They think no one can hear them.
were you able to get a read this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.