Mountainside NJ Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ2011

Hello everybody,

I'm having a bit of trouble picking up any police / fire transmissions from the Mountainside, NJ police frequencies listed in the RR database.

Currently, I have programmed 470.41250, 458.71250, 39.10000 into my Radio Shack Pro-163 and I am not receiving ANYTHING on these frequencies. I have also programmed Westfield, Fanwood, & Scotch plains frequencies and am having no trouble whatsoever listening in.

I have also programmed in the Union County Police EDACS and Talk Groups listed on RR and am receiving those transmissions without a problem.

I have been doing a little research and there was a post indicating that Mountainside PD was broadcasting on TG 12-022 as a shared services experiment sometime in 2010, but I am not receiving any transmissions on that talk group. (http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...ion-county-sheriff-talkgroup.html#post1289158)

Anyone know what's going on with Mountainside?

Thanks,

Rick

Highpockets

Hello everybody,

I'm having a bit of trouble picking up any police / fire transmissions from the Mountainside, NJ police frequencies listed in the RR database.

Currently, I have programmed 470.41250, 458.71250, 39.10000 into my Radio Shack Pro-163 and I am not receiving ANYTHING on these frequencies. I have also programmed Westfield, Fanwood, & Scotch plains frequencies and am having no trouble whatsoever listening in.

I have also programmed in the Union County Police EDACS and Talk Groups listed on RR and am receiving those transmissions without a problem.

I have been doing a little research and there was a post indicating that Mountainside PD was broadcasting on TG 12-022 as a shared services experiment sometime in 2010, but I am not receiving any transmissions on that talk group. (http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...ion-county-sheriff-talkgroup.html#post1289158)

Anyone know what's going on with Mountainside?

Thanks,

Rick

Either they are having problems with their system, or maybe they changed the PL tone, try that frequency (470.4125) in tone search. This is only a guess, no harm in trying. :)

MARTY187

Premium Subscriber
fyi...Right now...at 556pm...I heard Mountainside radio transmissions on their listed frequency 470.4125/tone 162.2, loud and clear from Linden.

Boss

Mountainside

Mountainside is alive and well on 470.4125 with a pl 162.2 for both Police and Fire Dispatch .The town is very quiet ,most of the action there is on Rt.22 . The 458. 7125. is a fireground freq. only so you would have to be close to hear anything .The 39.10 pl 123.0 is used for EMS dispatch by Cen-Com and by the town DPW .

NJ2011

Hey guys,

Thank you for the replies and the input.

I programmed in the PL tone and locked on to 470.4125 for several hours last night. I am receiving transmissions, however they are very infrequent, which I assume means not a whole lot is going on (as someone suggested). Definitely much more activity on the Westfield and Scotch Plains bands. Thanks again.

TAS

The lack of radio traffic doesn’t necessarily mean there’s nothing going on; many towns make extensive use of MDCs, aka “silent dispatch” for calls and other various routine activities. I don’t know about Mountainside specifically, but it may partially explain why you hear so little on the radio.

tower29

can anyone help me get my uniden bct8 programmed right for union county nj,mountainside,union twp,fd,ems,pd?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Mountainside is alive and well on 470.4125 with a pl 162.2 for both Police and Fire Dispatch .The town is very quiet ,most of the action there is on Rt.22 . The 458. 7125. is a fireground freq. only so you would have to be close to hear anything .The 39.10 pl 123.0 is used for EMS dispatch by Cen-Com and by the town DPW .

And when they do get a fire, they'll go to one of the UHF firegrounds that are properly listed and categorized in the database since 470.4125 is "unicom". Though you'll rarely hear use since they're currently having severe manpower issues. They're passed over for mutual aid assignments most days.

Status
Not open for further replies.