• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

mounting a antennacraft st-2 on house

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafale01010

Where would be a good place to mount it on a house with a metal roof? Originally i planned on mounting it on top of the metal roof, which would help a lot, but the problem comes in when its going to be hard to get up there w/out professional help. Then if we did get it up there, we would have problems fixing it something went wrong, so we would have to call them back here to fix 'er up. I need something a little low priced due to my tight budget. Thanks for the help.

NYRHKY94

As the previous posters have stated, an eaves mount is a good option. That's how mine is mounted (see pictures below). I got the 12" brackets & mounting pole at RS. I was also fortunate to have a full length window in my attic on that side of the house. I can get at the antenna if needed right from there.

Last edited:

Taloniilm

I believe the mounts depicted are the 12" wall mounts, (15-0885) from RS. The RS eave mounts, (15-0891) with their 10 ft HD mast look like this...

Last edited:

Taloniilm

I helped a friend mount a FM antenna on the backside of his shop using the same 12 inchers and 10 ft mast, they make for a very secure set up. Where did you run your feedline in? That attic vent looked like a good spot.

73's

rafale01010

mount success, got it mounted and connected today. am picking up further than what i thought i would. I figured asking for Macon would be a bit too much as we live 45-50mi away, and sometimes i pick them up better than Houston Cnty and i live in it. that purchase paid off well i say.

SAR923

So what kind of mount did you use? How high in the air do you have it? What kind of coax? I'm thinking of getting a Scantenna and would like to know the best combination of mounts and coax.

Status
Not open for further replies.