Moved, need to reset up WS-1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdiphoto

I have a WS-1080 radio and I'm using the latest version of the Whistler programming system software.

My scanner has Salem Oregon frequencies in it right now, and I need to remove them and install Rockford, IL frequencies. I've done this before, but I'm older now and apparently losing my mind... Lol

Anyone willing to walk me through this process? If even let you call me if that's easier... Thank you! Lmk!

tdiphoto

I have a WS-1080 radio and I'm using the latest version of the Whistler programming system software.

My scanner has Salem Oregon frequencies in it right now, and I need to remove them and install Rockford, IL frequencies. I've done this before, but I'm older now and apparently losing my mind... Lol

Anyone willing to walk me through this process? If even let you call me if that's easier... Thank you! Lmk!
I should have said both scanner and software need to have the databases / re-setup and updated

ka6wke

I needed to do this last night. First thing I did was create an archive of the existing config on the scanner. The second step is to prepare the memory card for the scanner. When the dialogbox pops up, check include Library - or something like that, the OK button. That'll clear off your old config on the memory card then put the updated scanner library there too. From there everything will be essentially "factory default".

tdiphoto

Thank you! I will try this again. I had it working once, tried to modify the channels so only the ones I can get are scanning, and then nothing worked again... Sigh. Lol. Really, thank you.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
For a new area, the simplest way might be using the county your are. Update the database first, then select Library Import from the choices above General Configuration Settings. Under select type, choose By County and then select the state. When import is done, go to top left and select Scanner/SD Card and then Prepare scanner memory... Check all choices n the box that opens. That will reformat the card, install the latest library and automatically assign things to a scan list starting at number 151. The last step will be much faster if you use an external USB holder for the SD card. In the radio, card access is slow.

tvengr

Well Known Member

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
tvengr, thanks for the update. I visit my son and family in IL, and knew it was coming. My suggestion will pull in other choices for him to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.