Moved to Georgetown and can't pick up Austin PD

W5ATX

Premium Subscriber
I just dropped it off to get returned to Amazon so I can't mess with it anymore. I had the played with the squelch a bit, from 0-3 and it didn't seem to help. Maybe I'll just move back down to Austin, it's cheaper than buying new scanners, right? :)
Man that sucks, sorry it didn't work out! and yes the RS800 BNC antenna is the same as the remtronix 800B, and will give the same performance as the alinco/remtronix 810S/820S.

gluciano80

Man that sucks, sorry it didn't work out! and yes the RS800 BNC antenna is the same as the remtronix 800B, and will give the same performance as the alinco/remtronix 810S/820S.
Dang ok that sucks then. Guess I'm stuck listening to the weather until I move back.

JTexas539

Premium Subscriber
Grab a unication g4/g5 if you are really interested in monitoring specific TGs on specific sites. If you take the time to program it right the only thing that I've seen beat it is an affiliated system radio. They are amazing and your will almost never miss a single key up. No simulcast issues and you can stick an outdoor antenna on it to add range if you really need.

fasteddy64

I just dropped it off to get returned to Amazon so I can't mess with it anymore. I had the played with the squelch a bit, from 0-3 and it didn't seem to help. Maybe I'll just move back down to Austin, it's cheaper than buying new scanners, right? :)
Yeah but then you would be living in Austin!
I wouldnt wish that on anyone!!