Movie Theater Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapallox1

So I was in a local Malco in Southaven, MS with my scanner a couple of years ago, and I remember that I picked up audio coming from a theater room next to the one I was in. I have forgotten now what frequency it was now. Just wondering if anyone happens to have a list of commonly used freqs for this. I've read somewhere that some theaters are hearing-aid capable, so maybe it has something to do with this? I would really love to be able to use my scanner for this so that I dont have to hear all the random kids in the audience yelling and making noise! :D

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The only frequencies I've ever seen associated with movie theaters in my area are in the 454.x region (and being that I'm in another country, that probably won't help you). The only comms on them were synthesized voices reporting "Projector 11 starting" etc. I suspect they are only employing one projectionist nowadays and he has to listen to his radio and run around to all the booths to change reels and start/stop films! :)

The only augmentation I've seen in theaters that helps hearing-impaired moviegoers is a system called "Rear Window Captioning", where a special display below the projection window plays captions in reverse font, and small translucent plastic pieces situated in front of the hearing impaired viewers reflect the text the right way around to the viewer, making it appear as if open captioning/subtitles are on the film.

Dapallox1

The only frequencies I've ever seen associated with movie theaters in my area are in the 454.x region (and being that I'm in another country, that probably won't help you). The only comms on them were synthesized voices reporting "Projector 11 starting" etc. I suspect they are only employing one projectionist nowadays and he has to listen to his radio and run around to all the booths to change reels and start/stop films! :)

The only augmentation I've seen in theaters that helps hearing-impaired moviegoers is a system called "Rear Window Captioning", where a special display below the projection window plays captions in reverse font, and small translucent plastic pieces situated in front of the hearing impaired viewers reflect the text the right way around to the viewer, making it appear as if open captioning/subtitles are on the film.

yeah, i've read that before. but I've also read about movie pirates using fm receivers to record the audio the is intended for hearing impaired, and syncing it with video recorded from a camera. Of course, this isn't my intention, I love seeing movies in theaters, just hate people talking. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.