Moving Moving Articles to Match DB Counterparts

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4LX

Premium Subscriber
Good job! I have always assumed that we were doing something wrong, but weren't smart enough to figure it out.

Care to let me know? You can DM me, if you prefer.
I kept thinking the same thing, that I was doing something wrong. Then it occurred to me that I had the same trouble once before under the same conditions. So I started thinking in terms of coding and debugging and it was immediately obvious. There's a bug (or a feature) under the hood that won't let you move the article if it contains an SID. Cut them, move the article, paste them back in.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
He removed the Infobox_TRS_MultiCounty before moving the article, then put it back in afterwards.
I think there's more to it than that.

The Florida FleetTalk article links to two other articles, Florida FleetTalk System Information and Florida FleetTalk Unknown Talkgroups. I was able to move the second one without issue, but I got an error moving the first one. I deleted the "System Information" header from the first one, moved it, and then put the "System Information" header back in.

N4LX

Premium Subscriber
I think there's more to it than that.

The Florida FleetTalk article links to two other articles, Florida FleetTalk System Information and Florida FleetTalk Unknown Talkgroups. I was able to move the second one without issue, but I got an error moving the first one. I deleted the "System Information" header from the first one, moved it, and then put the "System Information" header back in.
Someone had to burst my bubble, and I was feeling so smug too. :LOL:

If it isn't the sid then, what other common denominator is there?

N4LX

Premium Subscriber
FWIW I had several other articles to move and the results more or less bear out my suspicion that the presence of an sid seems to cause the error. The behavior was not entirely consistent though.

I got an error on FleetTalk (Midwest), but this time I only removed the sid line from the Infobox. I was then able to move it, and had the same result moving it a second time. Note that this was before I added the "Return to DB page" link. I also got the error moving FleetTalk Midwest Trunking Information but succeeded after removing the "Return to DB page" link (which contains an sid).

The only outlier was Georgia FleetTalk (NXDN), which I moved without error on the first try. The only difference that stands out to me as potentially notable is that this was the only article that contained both the Infobox and "Return to DB page" link at the time of the move.

It's far from conclusive but it may be something to pay attention to or investigate further.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Next time you find one that won't move, please stop what you are doing and let me know (PM is fine). I need some examples to show the boss.

N4LX

Premium Subscriber
Next time you find one that won't move, please stop what you are doing and let me know (PM is fine). I need some examples to show the boss.
Will do. Probably wouldn't be too much trouble to reproduce if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.