Moving back to Texas finally.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Looking at houses in Leon Valley area of Northwest/West San Antonio. Schlumberger is transferring a load of us to the San Antonio facility to take on the Eagleford Shale Oil, since the Haynesville Shale Gas Project has come to a screeching halt. I should be down there April 1 or shortly thereafter, and I am pretty excited about it. It is GREAT to be back, even though I have been working around Midland/Odessa and Pecos for several months. It ain't Navasota, but at least it is Texas!

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Worst Enemy

Looking at houses in Leon Valley area of Northwest/West San Antonio. Schlumberger is transferring a load of us to the San Antonio facility to take on the Eagleford Shale Oil, since the Haynesville Shale Gas Project has come to a screeching halt. I should be down there April 1 or shortly thereafter, and I am pretty excited about it. It is GREAT to be back, even though I have been working around Midland/Odessa and Pecos for several months. It ain't Navasota, but at least it is Texas!

I feel for you having grown up in west Texas. Many people are unaware of the sand storms that occur in Lubbock & the surrounding areas. I wouldn't wish Midland & Odessa on my worst enemy, but like said, "at least you're back in Texas."

While you were in the Midland-Odessa area, did you get a chance to monitor the emerging Permian P25 system? Recently, I observed where the RR DB for this area had been updated.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I feel for you having grown up in west Texas. Many people are unaware of the sand storms that occur in Lubbock & the surrounding areas. I wouldn't wish Midland & Odessa on my worst enemy, but like said, "at least you're back in Texas."

While you were in the Midland-Odessa area, did you get a chance to monitor the emerging Permian P25 system? Recently, I observed where the RR DB for this area had been updated.

Yes, I have done some Permian monitoring and updating as well while I am here. I mainly have the scanner on sometimes at the hotel, but I don't have the time for it in the field, not that it matters. Not much to hear in Glasscock County.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Welcome back rattler.

Glad to be back. I'll leave the centex stuff to you; you are doing an awesome job there and you know the systems inside and out. Hopefully I will get to do a lot of monitoring in our shale drilling areas, generally from Uvalde and Cotulla east to Three Rivers and up toward Yoakum. It is busy down there.

Michael-SATX

Hey rattlerbb01, I keep up with several scanners and their data loads for this area
and If you have any of the models listed in profile let me know and I can email them
or you can come on by my Radio Shack on Walzem & IH35 and I can fix you up !

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Hey rattlerbb01, I keep up with several scanners and their data loads for this area
and If you have any of the models listed in profile let me know and I can email them
or you can come on by my Radio Shack on Walzem & IH35 and I can fix you up !
My only P25 scanner that is working (Pro 96 bit the dust) is a PSR500 right now. But I will certainly keep that shop in mind when I do my electronics shopping! Do you run the joint?

scrotumola

I can attest to the caliber of Michael-SATX's Win500 codeplug. ("load sounds".... bad)
It is thorough and extensive. There isn't really much that is missing. I appreciate the time
and effort he and The_Dog took to glean and organize every single object there.
Aside from the local provoice system, everything you might want to monitor is included.
My thanks to them for sharing the toils of their hard work.
Mike, you are a HUGE benefit to Radio Shack, something rare among the way typical
Radio Shack's employees are nowadays. Your knowledge and experience and gives
them a aura of credibility.
You are a tremendous asset to the local scanning hobby and your eagerness to share
your knowledge is commendable.

Thank you.

~S~

Last edited:

Michael-SATX

OK Scrotumola, many thanks for the kudos above, since I visited you, I have revised my Bexar Co Area.p500
file with updates and tweaks to the Live Oak TRS, LCRA Interop P25 TRS and SATX Interop P25 TRS.
So PM me that email address where I can ship you my updated WIN500 file for your listening pleasure ;)
The_Dog has helped ID and taught me tons. But I am the one who designs, organizes all content in my files.
As you will notice even the object ID's are painfully organized just so that when traffic is picked up while scanning
you can simply lQQk at my object ID's scheme and know instantly what Scanlist your hearing ( ie like Banks ) !
~Shack Out ~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.