moving freqs around in win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
I want to move some conv. freqs from one bank to a empty bank so I can lock them out at times but do not see how to do that in win500. or no where to look and I should say I working with a pro106
Thanks for any help Ronnie

al95

I want to move some conv. freqs from one bank to a empty bank so I can lock them out at times but do not see how to do that in win500. or no where to look and I should say I working with a pro106
Thanks for any help Ronnie

In win-500 go to conv objects, find the freq you want to move select it. Then to the top right their is scan list option where you can change the scan List. Now you have change your freq. to a different scan list. On this radios their is no banks their called scan list.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Thanks al95 works like a dream and they are called scan list I know, but me remembering that may take awhile, thanks again Ronnie

kel415

Premium Subscriber
win500 software

Well al95 told me how to move freqs around to other scan list and it worked but now I go back and move more around,save my changes then go back and delete the ones on old scan list and it will delete the ones I moved to the new list also. Bail me out again!!!!! hair already gray but not turning loose yet
Thanks Ronnie

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
These conventional frequencies (along with TGs, systems, etc) are all objects. If you delete the object (assuming that's what you did), it will not exist anywhere in the scanner, regardless of what list it is assigned to. You will need to re-enter the frequencies in question and possibly assign them again.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Well that was not what I wanted to hear, so the only other way maybe would be is to download freqs. then uncheck the ones I don't want and put them in a list. Download again and uncheck the ones I already have and put them in another list. Sure wish there was a way to cut & paste! Any other way that someone may know???

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
Think about it this way

On object orientated scanners, you ‘tell’ the frequency what scanlist(s) it is part of. The OO scanners really don’t have banks or scanlists to put frequencies in instead the scanner checks each ‘object’ (frequency, talkgroup , ect) to see if it is a ‘member’ of the list. That is why you can pick multiple scanlists for the same object. It does take getting used to-you don’t delete your ‘channels’ you change their membership.
Relax- I was just as confused (3 weeks ago) when my PRO-106 hit the mailbox.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
look at it this way??

you wySHACK just warpped what little mind I had left when you said the scanner looks at the frequency to see if it is part of that scan list? I want to tell the scanner where to put it so I can lock that scan list out when I want. I can't understand that part because I'm use to programing pro94 & pro160 by hand and could put them anywhere, (conv freqs I mean). You also said RELAX---RELAX, 3 cups of coffee and 2 hdyros and I'm still having a ANXIETY attack because of this scanner. (just kidding) I understand what you were talking about and it does make sense. I need to find a good class somewhere on scanners and learn some,I have really found alot of info on this site & glad to be on board thanks for the info.

al95

Well al95 told me how to move freqs around to other scan list and it worked but now I go back and move more around,save my changes then go back and delete the ones on old scan list and it will delete the ones I moved to the new list also. Bail me out again!!!!! hair already gray but not turning loose yet
Thanks Ronnie

Are you moving one frequencies from on scan list to another scan list i,m I right. First select the frequency you want to move. Now go to the scan list option if there is a box with a check mark click on it to remove the frequency from that scan list now select the new scan list you wish to put the frequency make sure you see a check mark next to the new scan list #.. That is how you move frequencies from on scan list to another with out delete anything.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Are you moving one frequencies from on scan list to another scan list i,m I right. First select the frequency you want to move. Now go to the scan list option if there is a box with a check mark click on it to remove the frequency from that scan list now select the new scan list you wish to put the frequency make sure you see a check mark next to the new scan list #.. That is how you move frequencies from on scan list to another with out delete anything.

I KNEW IT, I knew somehow there had to be a way. Thanks a bunch al95, now for some dye for the hair and I'm back ro normal.Wife already took hdyros away so it's coffee from now on.I still wish there was a short manual on win500. Thanks again!!! now to programing and happy scanning

al95

I KNEW IT, I knew somehow there had to be a way. Thanks a bunch al95, now for some dye for the hair and I'm back ro normal.Wife already took hdyros away so it's coffee from now on.I still wish there was a short manual on win500. Thanks again!!! now to programing and happy scanning

I'm glad the information help you. Happy scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.