Moving to Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwilcox1951

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. I'll be moving to Citrus County, Fl. within the next 6-8 weeks from northern New York. Just wondering what kind of reception range to expect in a relatively flat environment with both back of set and outdoor antennas. Here in the mountains, just about everything is on a repeater and signals carry a long way.

CaptDan

Hey - we will be neighbors - already have property - will be moving down as soon as I sell my NJ property hopefully in the next 6 - 8 weeks also - I am heading down the end of July

Dan

Local city and county stuff may be good. I found having stuff in the attic or on a 20ft standard tv mast helped a lot with the adjacent county sites. Im in a well treed area of Flagler County (East of Citrus).

jeff

Premium Subscriber
At least you can still monitor Citrus Co., most PD's down here are encrypted. Moved down from Burlington Co in April 2013.

shadcall

Hi all. I'll be moving to Citrus County, Fl. within the next 6-8 weeks from northern New York. Just wondering what kind of reception range to expect in a relatively flat environment with both back of set and outdoor antennas. Here in the mountains, just about everything is on a repeater and signals carry a long way.

You also may want to read this if you haven't done so already. It has additional information including the law regarding having a scanner in your car.

http://forums.radioreference.com/fl...frequently-asked-quesions-laws-slers-fhp.html

Status
Not open for further replies.