Moving to North Oshawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Hey Guys!

I am moving to North Oshawa next month.. finally sold my townhouse here in Sauga and bought a nice single out east! So.. the question I have for all of our East GTA members is aside from the obvious systems like Fleetnet and Durham Fire Trunk what is there to listen too? Do you guys have any favorites frequencies? What Fleetnet towers can be received with the exception of Whitby and Mowat? What trunk systems from Toronto area can be heard well? Hopefully I can pickup a Zone 2 fleetnet tower as well :) Also has anyone in Oshawa been able to pickup the Peterborough EDACS using a scanner or "the other method"?

Regards,

Matt

bigcam406

welcome to the shwa.im in the south end,and i can pick up York,Toronto,OPP(Toronto,Aurora towers),you should be able to pick up these no problem,including the Sunderland tower as well.

VE3RADIO

I was hoping to pickup the Cobourg or Cambelford Fleetnet site as well as the Peterborough EDACS.. I guess I am fairly far north.. have any of you got Rochester's new P25 system yet from the Shwa? I think I will put up a big tower in the backyard.

unlisted

This coming from a guy who spends most of his time in Hamilton and Barfalo... talk about the cat calling the kettle black... LOL
Actually, its now Aurora and Niagara Falls, with a bit of Hamilton when I have to. Movin on up.. :p

bigcam406

i can pick up Rochester's p25 on occasion,only when there are perfect tropo conditions.you may be at an advantage due to your higher elevation up in north Oshawa,plus with an outdoor antenna,shouldnt be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.