Moving to Seattle area

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I sell my home down here in Sunny & Humid Southwest Florida, I will be moving to the Seattle area. Somewhere between Kent and Everett. What kind of Police activity can I expect to pick up with my Pro-95 scanner?

SCPD

QRT
Plenty. It ultimately depends on where you live. There are 4 Mot II trunks in this area.
State Patrol is on VHF only, but local PDs and Fire is trunked nowadays.

-Nick

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
seattle area

according to the database the're still on the motorola type II smartzone . i remember going there in the late 90's , and from a list i took then the talkgroups look pretty much the same unless the system has changed.

SCPD

QRT
Not much has really changed since then. ;o)

I still use my PRO-90 all the time. I miss not having a Alphanumeric display but it works fine.

-Nick

Everettmc

Scanning in the Seattle Area

Hellow All:

If your moving to Seattle or new to scanning in the northwest here are some thing I would consider: 1. Trunking scanner with computer interface and flash upgrade is a real must due upcoming frequecy realocation in the next few years. 2. Windows XP based software such as Buthel Software (ARC) http://www.butelsoftware.com/ for your scanner. 3. P25 and digital transmisions are not a majior concern in the northwest since most if not all of this in the nortwest is encrypted and is illeagle to listen an encrypted or scrambled message. 4. Don.t worry about programing all the smart zones in the 800mmeg king and Snohomish county systems, just the main repeat systems will the suffient are there three in King county and two in Snohomish county.
Everettmc

Stavro35

Hello and greeting's from Bainbridge island Washington ..Before I moved out here it was suggested that I purchase "Scannerstuff:Northwest frequency directory" available from http://www.scannerstuff.com It's been a HUGE help. I currently monitor area activity with five scanner's.
Pro2006
Pro2052

Pro95
Pro96
Pro97

I do have an ICOM IC R75 that I haven't gotten up and running yet.

I couldn't ask for a better location for monitoring .I've visited a lot of places since the move. And the further away from home i get. The worse off I am for monitoring
the Seattle metro area. .

I have a scanner group on yahoo. The link

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScanNorthAmerica/

There is a link for my scanner feed there too.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Florida to Washington, cool, we are thinking the same thing, got to find a house under $200K though - wonder if that is possible?

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Anything in the Northwest part of the state for under 200,000.000 will be hard to find I am 60 miles north of Seattle and a house across the street from me, is a 1 story 3 bedroom 1200 sq ft 7 yrs old sold last year for 238,000.00. when it was new went for 120,000.00

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
a realtor found me on this forum, we have decided on the Olympia/Yelm Area, I will be switching companies to Interstate out of Tacoma next Month, If we move there we are 15 minutes from the yard

our cap is $260,000

withe a good base antenna will there be anything to listen to in Yelm

Status
Not open for further replies.