Moving Unitrunker to another computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
I'm not really sure if this has been covered before. This might be a "duh" question for some of you, but I have no idea how to approach this situation...

I'm putting together a new dedicated radio computer to replace the one I have that is most likely about to fail. I've been running Unitrunker for a while and have added a bunch of alphatags for the system(s) I've been monitoring along with all the information I've gathered by just letting it sit and run for months now. Is there any possible way to move all of this information from my old computer to my new one, and if so, how would I go about doing this?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Copy the UNitrunker directory from the old computer to the new one?

brandon

Database Admin
As rdale said, just copy the UniTrunker folder to the new PC. If you keep the UniTrunker data in a separate folder you obviously need to install a clean copy of UniTrunker (program) on the PC, then copy the data files afterwards.

I also suggest Mozy Backup (free) to keep offsite backups of your UniTrunker data...always a good thing to have in case something screws up in the future.

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
Cool, that's what I was thinking. I just always like to be sure when it comes to stuff like this

Thanks everyone for the info!

cg

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure about the very latest version, but the older ones would have to be installed as opposed to copying. I remember using Windows uninstall to remove the old version each time I upgraded.
The files for each system can simply be copied over (good time to make backups)

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.