MPD 460 TRS Bandplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious what bandplan(s) I should use for MPD. My original one was 458.775 offset 380, but the RR database mentions 2 others (and not mine) 453.450 offset 380, and 460.025 offset 480.

Thanks,

CA
Annapolis

doctordave

CA,

The MPD bandplan has changed....what you see in our database is now valid. If you stick w/ the original bandplan, your radio will still work....but you'll miss quite a bit of comms.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I added the 2 from the RR database. Should I delete the original, or will all 3 work in the radio at the same time? (in this case, a 396T)

Thanks,

CA
Annapolis

doctordave

Delete the original....only use the 2 bandplans as cited in the database and you'll be in great shape. Make sure you have ALL of the current MPD system freqs in your radio...there are 2 more than back when you originally set up your single bandplan.

Happy listening.

Dewey

doctordave said:
Delete the original....only use the 2 bandplans as cited in the database and you'll be in great shape. Make sure you have ALL of the current MPD system freqs in your radio...there are 2 more than back when you originally set up your single bandplan.

Happy listening.

Actually, since he is using the 396, he will be ok as long as he is running in CC only mode since none of the CCs have changed. However, if he is not using the CC only mode, you are quite right, he will definitely need to add 453.450 to the mix, or the first custom table will be useless.

Dewey

doctordave

Valid point, Dewey. I've always stayed clear of using CC-only mode....out of concern that the distribution of control channels and voice channels for some system might change at some point.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Yup, I have a 396, and I do use the CC only mode. I was in DC yesterday, and the radio worked fine with all three frequencies...

CA
Annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.