MPSCS and 700mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark01

Is MPSCS using any of the 700mhz band ?

And can anyone confirm that this frequency of 797.075 is in use,the reason being is I am recieving this frequency on a Pro2096 as a data channel for tower 206 in Northville its a mirror of the 867.925 Northville data channel.

mikey60

And can anyone confirm that this frequency of 797.075 is in use,the reason being is I am recieving this frequency on a Pro2096 as a data channel for tower 206 in Northville its a mirror of the 867.925 Northville data channel.

That would be an image. The PRO-96/2096 are notorious for this.

There are a couple sites in the UP that are reported to use 700 MHz frequencies, but I can't confirm that.

Mike

Mark01

That would be an image. The PRO-96/2096 are notorious for this.
Yes,I believe you are correct.
That was actually my first thought and I switched from my beam antenna to a little stub antenna and still recieved the signal.
Did not know the Rat Shack units were so prone to images,i'm used to the Unidens.

mikey60

Yes,I believe you are correct.
That was actually my first thought and I switched from my beam antenna to a little stub antenna and still recieved the signal.
Did not know the Rat Shack units were so prone to images,i'm used to the Unidens.

Those frequencies are not in the radio's specs, so the images were not engineered out of the radio like they would if they were truely intended to be monitored on the radio. Being able to listen to them is just a bonus the radio provided.

Mike

fireresq2825

No MPSCS sites are using 700 frequencies. Adding 700 isn't a simple matter as the frequency seperation is far enough that it is literally a parallel infrastructure to the 800 at a tower site. There has been talk of using 700, but not likely in the near future.

That being said there are a few MPSCS users that have 700 simplex frequencies used for tactical operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.