MPSCS and GRE 600

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryandj23

Hello all. I'm wondering if anyone has successful experience with the GRE PSR-600 and the MPSCS. I've heard that programming can be a PITA. I've downloaded the PSREdit500 software, and it looks pretty self-explanatory.

I'm only looking to monitor the local area - honestly could care less about agencies statewide.

Thanks in advance.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have the PSR-500, which is the handheld version, with the same controls. It works fine, and is not too difficult to program. I use PSREdit, and it works great for me.

I would suggest setting up a few statewide and surrounding area scan lists. You can leave them turned off, then just turn them on when something happens near you. (Rather than having to scramble, and try to program the radio while there is an event going on.)

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Too bad you you didnt go with uniden as I could have set you up for the entire mid MI area. I will strongly suggest you also add in North Dispatch as a lot of traffic goes on there - including last nights 130 mph car chase! I have list for mid MI at my website below -

bryandj23

lol @ Ronaldski. I haven't made my decision yet - just trying to get some real-world experience with the 600. For me, the cost difference is a no-brainer.. if the performance/effectiveness is relatively the same.

And yes, Bay County.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
HAHA ok well that means you still have a chance! hehe.

I did get my 396T -> & then the superseded 396Xt & 996T (996xt is the superseded of that) at scannermaster.com ups'd them in 2-3 days each time.
If you looked at reviews that people had negatives about unidens and sound quality on digital, they put out a new firmware a couple weeks ago that really improved it.

You mentioned cost difference; also so you know figure in the cost of the software $35-60 depending on what you go with and subscription to the website so you could download into the software and to the radio.
Freescan for unidens is free.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Psr-600

Radio Shack Pro-197 is the same as the PSR 600 and is on sale often for $299.

QUOTE=bryandj23;1725342]lol @ Ronaldski. I haven't made my decision yet - just trying to get some real-world experience with the 600. For me, the cost difference is a no-brainer.. if the performance/effectiveness is relatively the same.

And yes, Bay County.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.