MPSCS (New Lenawee Simulcast cell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I live in Saline and for the life of me can not lock on the CC channel for lenawee. 853.875. I still get a few analog bit nothing in the 800's. I have left it on the CC channel for hours and not a bleep. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

What is your setup? (Antenna, coax length, scanner, etc...)

Agcox

Premium Subscriber
I live in Saline and for the life of me can not lock on the CC channel for lenawee. 853.875. I still get a few analog bit nothing in the 800's. I have left it on the CC channel for hours and not a bleep. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Do you have a digital scanner or just an analog scanner capable of 800MHz?

ELMWOOD175

BCD996xt coax length is around 25 ft. Tram antenna. All of the Washtenaw digital trunks work fine. I dont think it could be the distance but maybe they have it tightened up.

ELMWOOD175

Figured it out. Took my scanner to friends who lives in the county and it worked fine. On the map it looks like I may be like 5 miles or less out of the beam for this county.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
I also live in Saline and with my older scanners I can't get it real well unless I point a 800Mhz yagi that way. I know of a Uniden SDS100 and SDS200 also in Saline that are hearing that system with minimal help.

Depending on where you are in Saline, you may be asking a lot from that set up. The closest tower is on the south side of Tecumseh. Depending on what you are trying to hear, you could try the Washteaw site. Some, but not all the traffic can be heard there.

ELMWOOD175

I also live in Saline and with my older scanners I can't get it real well unless I point a 800Mhz yagi that way. I know of a Uniden SDS100 and SDS200 also in Saline that are hearing that system with minimal help.

Depending on where you are in Saline, you may be asking a lot from that set up. The closest tower is on the south side of Tecumseh. Depending on what you are trying to hear, you could try the Washteaw site. Some, but not all the traffic can be heard there.

Thanks. It is indeed a distance thing. I am in Tecumseh now and it works perfectly. You say I can hear Lenawee on the Washtenaw tower?

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. It is indeed a distance thing. I am in Tecumseh now and it works perfectly. You say I can hear Lenawee on the Washtenaw tower?
I hear Fire & Police dispatch on Washtenaw on a pretty regular basis now. Not all of their traffic makes it to Washtenaw 100% of the time. Depends on what you want to hear and if that talkgroup is affiliated or not.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

If a user is affiliated with the Washtenaw site, and has that TG selected on their radio, then that TG's traffic is carried on the Washtenaw towers.

ronw

Premium Subscriber
BCD996xt coax length is around 25 ft. Tram antenna. All of the Washtenaw digital trunks work fine. I dont think it could be the distance but maybe they have it tightened up.
i live in dexter and recieve lenawee co,on my sds100,pro106 and whistler using the remtronics 800 ant on all. i programed current lenawee co freqs. from radio ref, then added some of the older len co 800 freqs plus wash co. main cc. it works for me.there not as busy as wash co. but they are getting better. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.