MPSCS Radio ID Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsalogar

The MPSCS thread seems mostly for TG ID, sorry if I should have posted this there. I have just started looking at radio ID's (I had overlooked this setting) and I want to see if I have the format figured out:

First digit: MPSCS region

Next 2 digits: county number (if 00, then a statewide or region wide user?)

Remaining digits: radio ID/user ID?

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
The MPSCS thread seems mostly for TG ID, sorry if I should have posted this there. I have just started looking at radio ID's (I had overlooked this setting) and I want to see if I have the format figured out:

First digit: MPSCS region

Next 2 digits: county number (if 00, then a statewide or region wide user?)

Remaining digits: radio ID/user ID?

Thanks

00 for second set of digits means a 911 (PD/FD/EMS) dispatch console.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Another note; If the ID ends in an odd number, it's a mobile, even numbers are portables.

Some departments issue each officer their portable that stays with them, so you hear an officer's voice with the same ID number; Other departments keep their portables at the station & issue them out at the beginning of the shift.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this is Chesterfield's Dispatch Radio ID# 2509615 TGRP 2321. Every time when dispatch transmits
that is what comes up. If somebody would like to confirm if it is or not. I don't want to put it in the wiki if it's not.

But as Flinstone mention 00 means its a dispatch console.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
If that ID comes up whenever they dispatch, and you're sure it isn't a carryover from the first person talking in that conversation, then it's good.

SCPD

QRT
I'm pretty sure this is Chesterfield's Dispatch Radio ID# 2509615 TGRP 2321. Every time when dispatch transmits
that is what comes up. If somebody would like to confirm if it is or not. I don't want to put it in the wiki if it's not.

But as Flintstone mention 00 means its a dispatch console.

Well since they dispatch themselves instead of a central countywide 911 center I guess it is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.