MPSCS site map

Status
Not open for further replies.

a29zuk

I recently posted a map with the MPSCS sites but I can't find it in the User CP. A couple of the towers were in the wrong location and some of the newer ones were not shown. Anyway I went through all the site locations and updated the map with better accuracy and added the newer sites. It's in a PDF format for anyone that wants to print it out and use it.

Jim P.

Attachments

• MPSCS_site_map.pdf
    567.2 KB · Views: 589

Wthom100

A29 -

Thanks for the data. The numbers that are on the map - are they antenna numbers or something like that? Do the numbers correspond to anything - e.g. are these numbers used in extensions or frequency strings or something so that people will know what region a frequency is used in (or something like that)?

I am assuming these numbers are used in some method somewhere.

Just trying to learn a little bit more about MPSCS

Regards -Wthom100

box23

Speaking of site numbers, I remember when rebanding was taking place the newsletters from MPSCS listed much different site numbers than the RF site numbers as listed on this map and transmitted over the air. Was anyone able to figure out their internal numbering structure?

szron

a29zuk

Pre-circa 2009 the database here used a three digit number to identify a site. This is what this map was based off previously. It's been 6 or 7 years since I had updated it. Combining the RFSS and Site number in the currrent database is the equivilent of the old three digit number(i.e. Flat Rock site RFSS =2, Site =005 would be site 205 on this site map). I don't know about the newer scanners but my old 396T still shows the three digit identifier if I hit the "hold" button when receiving a signal from a particular site.

Oooops. I was updating some of my systems last night and noticed I didn't include site 340 in St.Joseph. Looks like I'll have to update the map again.
If anyone else finds any other discepencies let me know. I'll fix any errors and download an updated version to this website.

Thanks,
Jim

a29zuk

Click layers and check the antenna icon.

OK...got it now. Thanks. It's a pretty neat map.
It shows a tower in the Kincheloe area south of S.S.Marie. That tower isn't in the radio ref database. Will have to check the other tower locations later.

Jim P.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The district map looks a little dated. Monroe County is now in district 1.
I didn't have any luck when I clicked on "site map". No map appeared. Am I missing something?

Jim

I thought Monroe was still in 2, but Washtenaw is in 1.

Sent via Tapatalk

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
MSP Districts

From the MSP Web Site
MSP - Posts

Washtenaw and Monroe are in District 1 now. All Washtenaw cars come from the Brighton Post in Livingston county. You'll see radio ID's from Washtenaw and Livingston switching back and forth depending on where they are assigned for the night.

Radio traffic has increased dramatically on D1 North and Sounth now that Brighton doesn't really use their post TG now for plates and information instead using the D1 TG's.

I thought Monroe was still in 2, but Washtenaw is in 1.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.