MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkman123

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info Ronaldski. I started scanning in Harrison (Clare County) when you had to buy crystals. I've graduated to two Radio Shack scanners and a Uniden BCD996XT. I'm retired and spend a lot of time scanning.

Have you seen an accurate list of TG from each MSP post? I've seen a couple lists and each one has some inaccuracies. When the State downsized the number of state police posts I think they also did some renumbering which leads to a little confusion. The lists I've checked are Radio Reference and
http://w8msp.com/MPSCS.htm

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
New tgids from pro96com on the Northville site:

11070 - believed to be law enforcement based on past tg usage for this radio id
11078 - believed to be law enforcement based on past tg usage for this radio id
12886 - zone 7 rid
12898 - zone 7 rid

All show as Wayne county radios using these TGs.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Last night, I was running Pro96Com on the Flat Rock tower, and I noticed that 773.03125 MHz, kept coming up with a lot of voice activity. So I switched over manually to that frequency, and I noticed that there was a lot of activity from MSP Station 20 on 773.03125 MHz. Likewise, from other users as well, including Monroe County Fire and Sheriff's Dept.,

So I did some additional searching and found another frequency in use: 773.83125 MHz, at the Beech Daly tower. Anyone else catching any new 700 MHz activity on the MPSCS around the state?

Thanks,

Ron

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Ron,
This could be unrelated, but I had a 700 MHz control channel last night, but it displayed as the local 3-025 tower with full signal and the actual 800 MHz control channel in UniTrunker was displayed. It was about 60 MHz from the 800 MHz signal. I'll check for a signal again, but I suspect it was a image.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

szron

Detroit Fireworks on G-Events

Most activity on G-EVENT10. Trooper One and DPD Air One flying!

I didn't even know DPD had their helo back.

scanmanmi

Who is where?

Is there a place that lists which services are on which towers. Let's say I want to listen to the SagChip tribal police. I would assume they are on the Mount Pleasant tower but what if they are also on a tower closer to me? Which towers are the State police on?

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Detroit Fireworks on G-Events

Most activity on G-EVENT10. Trooper One and DPD Air One flying!

I didn't even know DPD had their helo back.

Air One is what Oakland County Sheriff helo is called. Are you sure Oakland County didn't lease out their helo for the event? It seems like I heard somewhere that OCSD occasionally does do that.

szron

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Is there a place that lists which services are on which towers. Let's say I want to listen to the SagChip tribal police. I would assume they are on the Mount Pleasant tower but what if they are also on a tower closer to me? Which towers are the State police on?

I would only count on finding the comms on the towers in the county of interest, with a high probability of the traffic being on the towers that ring that county.

Whether the traffic of any particular talkgroup is carried on a particular tower will change, as users affiliate and deaffiliate with a tower. If there are no users affiliated with a tower, that talkgroup will not be carried on that tower.

Secondary to that, many (most) talkgroups are limited to their jurisdiction's geographical area, and one ring of towers around that area.

Sent via Tapatalk

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
So I did some additional searching and found another frequency in use: 773.83125 MHz, at the Beech Daly tower. Anyone else catching any new 700 MHz activity on the MPSCS around the state?

My question is regarding the Pro 106. I have MPSCS Northville Twp + Southfield programmed as P25 Auto and its working fine. I have yet to see a 700mhz freq come up with voice. Will my Pro 106 automatically catch the 700mhz freqs when they are used or do I need to change some settings?

Also I only scan MSP D2 talkgroups, so it's very possible I just haven't come across a trooper transmitting on one of the 700mhz freqs yet.

szron

As fair as I know the Northville site (206) would not be capable of 700MHz operation because it's running older Quantar repeaters. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

freqs

My question is regarding the Pro 106. I have MPSCS Northville Twp + Southfield programmed as P25 Auto and its working fine. I have yet to see a 700mhz freq come up with voice. Will my Pro 106 automatically catch the 700mhz freqs when they are used or do I need to change some settings?

Also I only scan MSP D2 talkgroups, so it's very possible I just haven't come across a trooper transmitting on one of the 700mhz freqs yet.

Romeo --Lakeville tower has 2 700.mhz freqs

krokus

Premium Subscriber

The 106 should follow the new freqs, with no problem.

Possible, but I would be surprised if that were the case, due to sheer volume of traffic that tower carries. A more likely answer was given by szron, and that the equipment at the site is still being upgraded.

Sent via Tapatalk

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
I was told at a MPSCS meeting the Northville site has numerous unused repeaters at it. The hardware is there, but they have no spectrum to use them. They'd like to use them as the site is very busy. I'm not sure if those are 700 capable or not.

The system will only use a 700mhz channel if all radios on that talkgroup on that tower is capable of using it. Or maybe I'm confusing that with TDMA... It's probably the case with both.

I should note they said they have no immediate plans for phase II / TDMA.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Unknown Talk Groups

Sault Saint Marie SSM tower
5244 with local Chippewa radio ID's
5049 Chippewa Federal ID's
6339 Chippewa Federal ID's
6364 Chippewa local ID's
5142 Chippewa state ID
5231 Public Transportation Local Chippewa ID's
6341 Chippewa Federal ID'
6364 Chippewa Road Commission Marked as Dickinson Road Ch-5 in RR
Nothing but Chippewa ID's all day.
Manistique Tower
6325 Schoolcraft ID's
7150 Marquette Sate ID maybe DNR
6109 Delta local ID's
6329 Marquette State Police ID's many discussions Station 80 heard sounds like maybe a Post channel
8016 Mackinac State Police ID's

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Detroit Sim CC change

As of right now the Detroit Simulcast is using 853.5375 as the control channel. Figured this out when my scanner went quiet and had to put all Det Sim freqs in to run it in analyze mode to figure out what it had switched to. Only had the old CC and alt's in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.