MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
1443 18-XXX Units. FED RID that I've also seen on the DNR TG 1251. Maintenance?? "don't worry about the instructor gym, clean the north and south stairwell" I've heard DNR talk on this TG before..

32086 Unknown. Working in Inkster.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
The license is WRQV618, belonging to Consumers Energy.
I looked up the voice channel of 857.3375, it's located at Cedar Springs.
The only missing channel on the license is the 853.9375 control channel.
Has anyone submitted this site to the database yet? I'm not seeing yet.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
The Cedar Springs site is 3-014, it was in the MPSCS database but seems to have disappeared.

Last edited:

KAUC1632

Premium Subscriber
I located my local electric dispatch for Jackson, MI on tgid 11364 but I need the correct control channel etc to program in to my SDS100. Currently I have the old EDACS LCN frequencies and they are no longer valid.
Regards

KAUC1632

Premium Subscriber
I think I forgot to mention that this is on the MPSC trunk system in Michigan for Consumers Energy Utility.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
506 Update. Iosco County EMS Paging. Description says EMS Station 1 Paging. After some listening, it sounds Countywide. I've heard stations 1-4 paged.

552 Unknown Jackson RIDs

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
I located my local electric dispatch for Jackson, MI on tgid 11364 but I need the correct control channel etc to program in to my SDS100. Currently I have the old EDACS LCN frequencies and they are no longer valid.
Regards

I'm guessing you are in Jackson County? Current control channel for Jackson MPSCS is 853.5500

west-pac

Is this true?

"In Michigan, any legit TG can affiate on any tower, and the master controller will route all of that talk groups traffic to that tower.

Fact."

This guy is saying every local TG can affiliate on any site statewide; not just within its neighboring sites, but any site, including those 180 miles away.

w8fsm

Feed Provider
Is this true?

"In Michigan, any legit TG can affiate on any tower, and the master controller will route all of that talk groups traffic to that tower.

Fact."

This guy is saying every local TG can affiliate on any site statewide; not just within its neighboring sites, but any site, including those 180 miles away.

Depends... Some talkgroups are allowed to affiliate state wide.. others are limited to service areas or certain zones. Every local TG, not as a general rule no. I have see some county main dispatch TG's being allowed to affiliate well out side of service areas and the exact opposite as well.

It's not a free for all. It's more pronounced with the event talkgroups as you have to request the service area for the operation and normally the NCC only allows affiliation in that area to lessen system load and people dragging TG's around the state.

west-pac

Depends... Some talkgroups are allowed to affiliate state wide.. others are limited to service areas or certain zones. Every local TG, not as a general rule no. I have see some county main dispatch TG's being allowed to affiliate well out side of service areas and the exact opposite as well.

It's not a free for all. It's more pronounced with the event talkgroups as you have to request the service area for the operation and normally the NCC only allows affiliation in that area to lessen system load and people dragging TG's around the state.

That's the way I know it to work, but this guy is adamant that he helped design and build this system, and every talkgroup works on every tower. I think this guy had a little too much to smoke or drink.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
4121 Sounds like DNR working the Muskegon River. Mentioned Bridgeton and Maple Island areas. Allegan RIDS.
5526 Units calling dispatch. Sounds like Great Lakes Energy.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
That's the way I know it to work, but this guy is adamant that he helped design and build this system, and every talkgroup works on every tower. I think this guy had a little too much to smoke or drink.

Might work if it's allowed to affiliate... I see talkgroups denied all the time. Especially Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.