MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Is this true?

"In Michigan, any legit TG can affiate on any tower, and the master controller will route all of that talk groups traffic to that tower.

Fact."

This guy is saying every local TG can affiliate on any site statewide; not just within its neighboring sites, but any site, including those 180 miles away.
Not according to my T-t-T class, nor my interactions with the NCC. (Plus my official radio losing TGs when too far away from home.)

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Not according to my T-t-T class, nor my interactions with the NCC. (Plus my official radio losing TGs when too far away from home.)

Krokus is 100% correct. While there have been a few local talkgroups that have slipped through the cracks over the years (I can name a few off the top of my head) and will affiliate statewide, it is general practice that local talkgroups will only affiliate in a small area around the jurisdiction... think maybe a ring of counties, or tower sites, around the jurisdiction. This is why several years ago you would hear the Wayne Co SO jail transport van calling Wayne County Sheriffs Regional Dispatch on statewide 2 when they called out at various jails and prisons around the state.... their 82P911 would not affiliate that far.

wirr

Database Admin
DTE? registrations on mid UP sites (Delta, Dickinson, Iron County area)
22584 RID 5173357
22590 RID 5173722
22592 RID 4243009?
22593 RID 5173363

wirr

Database Admin
Menominee County?
RID 9553128...9553134 registrations on these TGs on UP sites 5.17 and 5.20

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
DTE? registrations on mid UP sites (Delta, Dickinson, Iron County area)
22584 RID 5173357
22590 RID 5173722
22592 RID 4243009?
22593 RID 5173363

I've seen DTE on these before. Not sure on the usage though. The RIDS are a little different than what I've been seeing. Could just be older radios too? I was recently in a couple DTE trucks in Ypsilanti and noted the mic and antenna on several trucks were not even hooked up. I have a feeling these guys use their tablets, a lot.

Some other DTE GAS TG's to be on the lookout for.

-Gas SEMI-
SEMI HPP
SEMI Pressure
Michigan Ave (22603)
Allen Rd (22599) ??
Citizens
Coolidge
Lynch Rd

-Gas TSO-
TSO Central
TSO North
TSO SEMI
Big Rpds Const
Gas Control
GrRpd Pressure
SEMI Pressure

-Gas GRMI Centr-
Cadillac
GrRpd Distrib
GrRpd Fld Svc
GrRpd HPP
GrRpd Pressure

-Gas GRMI North-
Alpena
Escanaba
Kingford
Petoskey
Sault St Marie

-Gas GRMI West-
Big Rapids
Ludington
Muskegon

hockeyref2

5370 off Manton site. Wexford County - Fire and EMS paging...
Paging different groups such as cadillac fire, station 1000, EMS station 3, Mesick rescue, etc.

dmchalmers

I'm not sure you will ever hear voice north of bay City as everythings to rural. DATA laptops has been the norm for yrs now. Friends a DTE long time employee.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
1303 Forest Service talk
1305 Delta Forest Service & local DNR talk
3627 Kent RIDS. AMR 2xx units calling. No answer
4121 DNR again working the Muskegon River from Bridgeton to Mill Iron Boat Launch. Checking fishing boats.
5295 Emmet RIDS. Harbor Springs? I've noted Harbor Springs traffic here before.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Last edited:

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
Somewhere I heard about MPSCS possibly using up all possible talkgroups for a P25 system (65535 Talkgroups), or reaching that point in the near future. After all, we are one of the largest trunked public safety systems in the world. So if that were the case, how would they get around that? Or is that all planned for before they even started the system?

west-pac

Somewhere I heard about MPSCS possibly using up all possible talkgroups for a P25 system (65535 Talkgroups), or reaching that point in the near future. After all, we are one of the largest trunked public safety systems in the world. So if that were the case, how would they get around that? Or is that all planned for before they even started the system?

If it ever got anywhere close to that, they would probably start taking back local TGs that are never used; such as XYZ City garbage collection Supervisor Tac 3, or ABC County Fire LZ Ops 11. The system admin group knows how often each TG and radio is used. All of that information can be logged and stored. Heck, a lot of us hobbyist log that information from our local P25 sites.

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
If it ever got anywhere close to that, they would probably start taking back local TGs that are never used; such as XYZ City garbage collection Supervisor Tac 3, or ABC County Fire LZ Ops 11. The system admin group knows how often each TG and radio is used. All of that information can be logged and stored. Heck, a lot of us hobbyist log that information from our local P25 sites.
I Log EvErYtHiNg for Muskegon County Simulcast. Since my Broadcastify Calls Node has the capacity to simultaneously decode all 15 of our trunked channels, I use the logs to see if I ever have missed calls or issues. I log Traffic and Control channels SDRTrunk, then Unitrunker logs the Control Channel 24/7 with additional tuner logs for debugging.

west-pac

I Log EvErYtHiNg for Muskegon County Simulcast. Since my Broadcastify Calls Node has the capacity to simultaneously decode all 15 of our trunked channels, I use the logs to see if I ever have missed calls or issues. I log Traffic and Control channels SDRTrunk, then Unitrunker logs the Control Channel 24/7 with additional tuner logs for debugging.

Right, the system Admins can log everything on every site. So they can see any radios or TGs that are not active, or not being used; and then can take those TGs back if other agencies need them.

Thunderbolt

The state of Michigan, was the driving force behind doubling the capacity of RIDs a modern ASTRO P25 system can handle. According to a few people I have talked with, there is no reason they can think of why the total number of talkgroups that P25 TRS can handle can't be doubled from it's current limit of 65535. The engineers at Motorola would have to work on such an upgrade down the road. It will be interesting to see what they can come up with.

73's

Ron

Thunderbolt

There are 6303 talkgroups in the database.... so they probably have some room to grow...?

Those are the ones that are identified. I think they have a long ways to go before they run out talkgroups. However, there are a lot of talkgroups that are used, which are UNID at this time.

73's

Ron

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
4856 Fire alarm talk about Crown Choice Inn (Mackinaw City) RIDs are Cheboygan.
5504 Great Lakes Energy
13807 Ottawa RIDS. Team 5 calling Net Control
13833 Ottawa RIDS. Teams 5,11 calling Net Control
23437 Muskegon RIDS. Water Pressure/DPW talk

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
3761 "Go to F13" Grant-Ashland Twp Fire (Newaygo)
23449 Ottawa Co pager test
32752 MDOT Monroe???

Status
Not open for further replies.