MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2023

stranger46

you're on guard
Premium Subscriber
TG 3076 - RID 9120027 (MSP 54 patrol vehicle) one key-up. Featherstone site.

TG 3772 - RIDs 3394040, 9394190. Leonidas site.

TG 11059 - Encrypted. RIDs 9912028, 9912029, 9912129. Jones, Featherstone, Leonidas sites.

TG 11084 - Encrypted. RID 9912029 one key-up. Featherstone site.

Does anyone know who the 991 series RIDs are assigned to?

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
I think that the 991xxxx RIDs are State RIDs.
They show up a lot on Fugitive Apprehension talkgroups, and I've noted a 191xxxx RID on DNR TG 1251.

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
I have a massive amount of RID/TGID info from all Muskegon County Simulcast traffic. I parsed the data from the calls I've been collecting since July 2021 and have accumulated ~800 seen/heard RID's and 810 Talkgroups so far. I have a spreadsheet with all of them if anybody is interested.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have a massive amount of RID/TGID info from all Muskegon County Simulcast traffic. I parsed the data from the calls I've been collecting since July 2021 and have accumulated ~800 seen/heard RID's and 810 Talkgroups so far. I have a spreadsheet with all of them if anybody is interested.

Have you considered submitting any new ones to RR's database?

stranger46

you're on guard
Premium Subscriber
I would be interested in the spreadsheet. If you can, post it in this thread. If not, DM me.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
TG-99 Jackson County Rescue Taskforce Page
TG-2601 listed as MDOT Metro Detroit Area. Recently and in the past, I've heard this as MDOT "Blue Water Ops"

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
TG 23177-Mecosta County RIDs 9543310, 9543314, and 9543316 heard only with someone blowing into the microphone, so far.
Heard on the Big Rapids tower.

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
@iMONITOR @stranger46 I am compiling the TGID and RID's now. It was a very difficult process since I had to parse the audio filenames from SDRTrunk. And on top of that, the dataset was over 5 million calls, so I had to merge and deduplicate so there was only one instance of a RID per TGID. I had to use Everything.exe to create an index of the 5million calls and export it to CSV. I then had to split the CSV's every 900,000 rows to prevent breaking excel. So with that said, I apologize for any errors made, but please dive in! Excel .xlsx file in a .zip folder.
The original excel file was over 100MB, it is now under a MB.

Sort and Filter by TGID or RID columns! This will help a lot!
Non audible data not included, such as encrypted TGID's and associated RIDs, due to source type.

Dataset:
Feb 2022 to Dec 2022
8176 RIDs
735 TGIDs

Attachments

• MPSCS Muskegon County Simulcast TGID-RID History.zip
    493 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
@iMONITOR @stranger46 I am compiling the TGID and RID's now. It was a very difficult process since I had to parse the audio filenames from SDRTrunk. And on top of that, the dataset was over 5 million calls, so I had to merge and deduplicate so there was only one instance of a RID per TGID. I had to use Everything.exe to create an index of the 5million calls and export it to CSV. I then had to split the CSV's every 900,000 rows to prevent breaking excel. So with that said, I apologize for any errors made, but please dive in! Excel .xlsx file in a .zip folder.
The original excel file was over 100MB, it is now under a MB.

Sort and Filter by TGID or RID columns! This will help a lot!
Non audible data not included, such as encrypted TGID's and associated RIDs, due to source type.

Dataset:
Feb 2022 to Dec 2022
8176 RIDs
735 TGIDs
that list provided does not behave properly when filtering and sorting. I will reupload one soon that is fixed. I also redesigned the filters to make it super easy to sort. You can search by TGID and see every RID that has used it in the year 2022. Example photos below. This is useful for finding trends, but combined with audio archives, can be very useful.
photo example 2.pngphoto example 1.png

Last edited:

dmchalmers

Ran a Discovery search on the Atlanta2 tower last night came up with unknown 12572 didn't show up in DB sumery didn't show was encrypted?

dmchalmers

that list provided does not behave properly when filtering and sorting. I will reupload one soon that is fixed. I also redesigned the filters to make it super easy to sort. You can search by TGID and see every RID that has used it in the year 2022. Example photos below. This is useful for finding trends, but combined with audio archives, can be very useful.
View attachment 138289View attachment 138290
Yeah lota talk groups but what are they?

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
Yeah lota talk groups but what are they?
its a spreadsheet that shows what TGID each RID has ever used. By filtering the columns, you can see that RID 3000001 (muskegon county dispatch console) has used all of those talkgroups. Now that example isnt that useful, but soon I will be uploading one that has the same info, but for Encrypted talkgroups. This kind of information is great for traffic analysis to discover unknown talkgroups based on RIDs that use it.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Questions for you Michiganders: I think I've heard that the Michigan statewide system can use L3Harris site equipment. When it does, do those sites follow the Harris standard of allowing any site frequency to be a control channel, or will it follow the Motorola practice of only enabling 2-4 channels as control channels?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Questions for you Michiganders: I think I've heard that the Michigan statewide system can use L3Harris site equipment. When it does, do those sites follow the Harris standard of allowing any site frequency to be a control channel, or will it follow the Motorola practice of only enabling 2-4 channels as control channels?
I have not heard of MPSCS using any site equipment other than Motorola. There is/was another regional system near Detroit that did, but they may have joined the network.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Thx - I asked because L3Harris published this press release a while back:

I’m trying to solve an issue for a SDRT user and thought it might be related to not programming all control channels. It turned out that he has his own “infrastructure” problem, lol.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Thx - I asked because L3Harris published this press release a while back:

I’m trying to solve an issue for a SDRT user and thought it might be related to not programming all control channels. It turned out that he has his own “infrastructure” problem, lol.
Interesting. I was aware of some Harris radios that have been authorized on MPSCS, including all of the radios used Oakland County's system. (They had to be rebooted into a different mode, but worked.)

I have not been staying on top of all the newest developments; it sounds like I have missed a few announcements.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
TG-3756 105 Calling Newaygo Dispatch. Need PD for Ambulance Vs Deer. I've logged Life EMS here in the past.