MPSCS TG 4172 on T404 Cordwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjschave

While on Mackinaw Island yesterday I picked up transmissions on TG 4172 from Tower 404 (Cordwood).

4172 is not in the database.

I heard multiple transmissions on 5/30 after 11:30pm. I didn't have the greatest reception, but I did hear mention of Post 78 (which is in Emmet County).

Does anyone have any info on it?

Thanks.

rjschave

Thunderbolt said:
Not yet, maybe you can enlighten us on what you heard exactly?

Mobile unit wanted confirmation that a tow truck had been dispatched to his location; Dispatch confirmed; (mobile vs. dispatch is my guess)

That's all I have, again was not getting great reception. I only picked up 2 TG's while on the island and 1 of them wasn't in the RR DB! Not much to listen to up there.

Thanks.

seamusg

rjschave said:
Mobile unit wanted confirmation that a tow truck had been dispatched to his location; Dispatch confirmed; (mobile vs. dispatch is my guess)

That's all I have, again was not getting great reception. I only picked up 2 TG's while on the island and 1 of them wasn't in the RR DB! Not much to listen to up there.

Thanks.
If it was about a tow truck, it wasn't on the Island.

rjschave

seamusg said:
If it was about a tow truck, it wasn't on the Island.

I was on the island. :)

The transmissions were coming from the Cordwood tower T404. The other TG I logged was 5028, Emmet PD.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Could be the Post 78 talkgroup. Each MSP Post has a few talkgroups assigned to them. For example:

D78POST: Regular Post talkgroup
MCD78: Motor Carrier talkgroup
DET78: Post Detective talkgroup

I would have to believe that some MSP Posts probably have other specialized talkgroups as well. Some are probably even assigned at the district level.

73's

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.