mpt-1327

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb872033

does anyone know of a scanner that can track the northeast utilities system? it is an mpt-1327...looking to upgrade scanners, and am intrested in listening to this system...is it digital or analog? not too familiar with this format...i know i need unitrunker or similar program,but does it matter what scanner i have? I have a pro-97...would i just put these frequencies, and use a discriminator tap and data slicer? if this better in the general scanning forum, i will repost there! thanks for any input all!!!

JB

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No scanner can track MPT systems. But as you mention, you can add a tap to a scanner and use one of the utilities such as UniTrunker. UniTrunker doesn't need a data slicer. There are a couple of other MPT decoders linked in our wiki - and I believe some of those also don't need a slicer. See the link to our wiki below...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunked_Radio_Decoders

In fact, if I understand these systems correctly, you can get by with a clean speaker or headphone connection, since a MPT control channel is rather low-speed, but a tap is always better in these instances anyway

73 Mike

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
First, as was mentioned, there is no trunktracking MPT1327 scanner as of now.

MPT1327 tracking does not need a discriminator tap (actually works better off the speaker). There are two programs that work, Unitrunker (the last generation), and Trunkview. The newest Unitrunker will not voice follow as of yet. Both these programs will work with a sound card rather than a slicer circuit.

You will need 2 scanners capable of picking up the 217 MHz freqs one of which must be computer controllable.

chris

jb872033

ok...thanks for the information...prolly cant mess around with that then as i do not have a computer controllable scanner....although when i upgrade i will probablly get one that is such...thanks all

JB

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
First, as was mentioned, there is no trunktracking MPT1327 scanner as of now.

MPT1327 tracking does not need a discriminator tap (actually works better off the speaker). There are two programs that work, Unitrunker (the last generation), and Trunkview. The newest Unitrunker will not voice follow as of yet. Both these programs will work with a sound card rather than a slicer circuit.

You will need 2 scanners capable of picking up the 217 MHz freqs one of which must be computer controllable.

chris

hey chris, is that the same thing you did for wtby awhile back?

joe

cg

Premium Subscriber
similar but that was with the LTRTrunk program working on the Multinet. Same computer setup.
I have monitored the 217 MHz NU sites in Western Mass with very good results. Last check, Berlin CT was the only CT site. The database here has the sites and freq info for the system.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.