MPT1327 in your city

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilbolodz

Hi,

Question:
What's average number of:
- MPT1327 system "in your range" (city/village/country)
- channels in MPT1327 system
- users in MPT1327 system
?

I'm asking because I'm working now at (pure) hardware MPT1327 aware scanner (arduino + FX429A + Motorola Maxtrac) and I don't know what are reasonable values should I assume in my firmware.
E.g. in my city there are 2 systems, each has 4 channels (including CC) and not more than 100 stations.
In theory in MPT1327 there could be 1024 channels and over 1000000 addresses but of course Arduino can handle that number due lack of memory resources.
BTW.: Is anyone interested in such project? In my opinion hardware (price of Motorola Maxtrack not included) shouldn't cost more than 50 euro. There should be also not a problem to modify project to work with Uniden RS232 controlled scanner.

Best regards

Piotr

Comint

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Question:
?

I'm asking because I'm working now at (pure) hardware MPT1327 aware scanner (arduino + FX429A + Motorola Maxtrac) and I don't know what are reasonable values should I assume in my firmware.
E.g. in my city there are 2 systems, each has 4 channels (including CC) and not more than 100 stations.
In theory in MPT1327 there could be 1024 channels and over 1000000 addresses but of course Arduino can handle that number due lack of memory resources.
BTW.: Is anyone interested in such project? In my opinion hardware (price of Motorola Maxtrack not included) shouldn't cost more than 50 euro. There should be also not a problem to modify project to work with Uniden RS232 controlled scanner.
In practice, you will find that the major manufacturers limit the maximum number of channels, per Site, to 29, with the average of around 7. And you would probably find that there are no more than 200 to 240 channels used in each Network.

Most, but not all, MPT1327 Networks use MPT 1343 addressing, which gives you127 Prefixes, each with a maximum of 8100 Addresses, which can then be broken down into a number of Small Fleets, and/or 10 Large Fleets, or any combination thereof.

I have never run across an MPT1327 Network where all Prefixes are in use. One-third, or less, is more the Norm.

--
Comint

morfis

Hi,

Question:
?

Average doesn't seem like a useful measure for your project
about 30 systems
between 1 and 12 channels
between 5 and 500 users

Status
Not open for further replies.