MPT1327 site info

Status
Not open for further replies.

morfis

Is it possible to add a field to the general site info to show the SysID for MPT1327 systems in the same way as it is shown for Motorola systems?

DaveH

I second that, although some sites in a network in my area broadcast
identical site/system IDs (TimeTrac system). For now, they are placed
with the site name/number in parentheses. Also, hopefully these would be in
HEX; this site tends towards decimal for a number of things including
talkgroups.

Dave

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
There are a number of things that would need to be considered for MPT1327. Along with sysid, we should be able to mention band plans as one does with the VHF/UHF Motorola systems - I have at least one which doesn't follow normal/traditional band plans. Lastly, you need to be able to specify fleets, i.e. talkgroup (2) 6002.

Comint

Premium Subscriber
. . Also, hopefully these would be in HEX; this site tends towards decimal for a number of things including talkgroups.

Definitely needs to be shown in HEX. Would be virtually useless if shown in DECIMAL.

Comint

Last edited:

morfis

I'm happy to work in hex or decimal but would also prefer hex.

Maybe we need some discussion about how best to display the radio identity information and present the consensus view to Lindsay for consideration?

Comint

Premium Subscriber
morfis said:
I'm happy to work in hex or decimal but would also prefer hex.
Just to clarify my earlier post, I was referring solely to the Sysid.

Most of the MPT1327 programs I am familiar with, show the Sysid in hex, and the Prefix etc in decimal, and I would like to see them appear the same way in the database.

Comint

morfis

Comint said:
Just to clarify my earlier post, I was referring solely to the Sysid.

Most of the MPT1327 programs I am familiar with, show the Sysid in hex, and the Prefix etc in decimal, and I would like to see them appear the same way in the database.

Comint

Have to differ a bit here. I'd rather things were consistent and stuck to one or the other. I've never understood why the tronkito code (and it's derivatives) use a mixture. FTrunk (by far the best hobby decoder) and PTrunk use decimal.

As stated though I'm happy to use either for the database- it's not difficult to convert between the two!

Status
Not open for further replies.